Game Won't Load

Canaris440

I tried a search but couldn't find anything that satisfied my question: when I enable mods and reload the game, it crashes (I'm assuming) to desktop, how come?

It's any mod. I've tried using only the most up-to-date mods, those with mod.info files. A black screen popes up with Game in the title bar, then just before it would load PZ proper, it disappears. Nothing further happens.

Is it because I'm using the Steam version and I opted into the beta? How do I know which version of PZ I'm running?

For now I've removed all mod directories from the loaded file and at least I can play again but would really like to try some mods. So far I tried: Silent Music, Starter Kit, Too Many Items, and the more recent version of zSpawn.

Thanks for any assistance.

mods must have have this line in mod.info 

id=ModName 

change ModName for whatever you want,preferably actual mod name.Be sure to try only one mod at once and remove mod from loaded.file if it fail to start.

You can see your PZ version in main menu in rigft bottom corner.

The mods all have that line as far as I can tell.

And each mod I've tried causes the failure, all by themselves with no other mods loaded.

Mine just says 17 (0014). Not exactly the format I would expect for version numbers based on what I see on the forums.

EDIT: Disregard, I guess I was seeing things. None of the mods had that line. What's that all about?

Thank you for your help!

Run game through ProjectZomboit32/64.bat file (in PZ root directory) and look which error it throw

The mods all have that line as far as I can tell.

Are you sure?

Starter kit mod http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2291-starterkit-mod-project-zomboid/

name=StarterKit (1.0.0)poster=StarterKit.pngdescription=PLEASE NOTE! its in Devolpment

Silent music  http://pz-mods.net/other/SilentMusic/

name=Silent Musicposter=poster.pngdescription=Silences all ingame music, by RoboMat.

They don't have id , so they will not work for PZ 2.9.9.17 [0014].You are doing it wrong or you have other sources for this mods.

EDIT: Disregard, I guess I was seeing things. None of the mods had that line. What's that all about?

Thank you for your help!

Its new standard for mods.They must have IDs now so modders can make submods safely,when they add line "required=ID_of_Main_Mod " to their mod.info file.This way user cant enable submod if he dont have all parts and it will prevent game for loading and crashing.

Also it can prevent conflicts between mods.At least i see that this way.

I have this issue here are my. info files

name=Crafting Nails 1.4id=56789poster=poster.pngdescription= By Shivster. Nails are hard to come by in the zombie apocalypse. A well placed wall can save your life buying you more time to esacpe a horde. I am finished with this mod feel free to use it in anyway you want.

and my jerky mod

name=Making Jerky 1.1id=01234poster=poster.pngdescription= Creatd by Shivster(With food from Peanuts Hunting Mod)Food preservation in the zombie apocalypse is crustal to your survival. Now you can make all kinds of jerky. When Peanuts comes out with his hunting mod you will have more options for jerky. As always Have fun!

I have Posters saved as .png

The game will not load at all it locks at boot no text just a black screen i run it off the 32bit batch and 64bit batch and no debugger loads. This also happens if i add the files directly to the Scripts and Lua directory in the pz install.

It could be nice if you upload mods so we can check problem.Also check your items.txt and recipes if its closed properly.like

(item{blablabla}item2{blablabla})   --do you have this?

Ask and you shall revive :)

module Food{     imports     {     Base, Farming     }recipe Make Corn on the Cob{Corn,Butter,Result:Cornonthecob,Time:150.0,}recipe Make Slice Bread{Bread/Dough,KitchenKnife,Result:SlicedBread=6,Time:150.0,}recipe Make PeanutButter Sandwich{PeanutButter,SlicedBread=2,Result:PeanutButterSandwich,Time:150.0,}recipe Make Plain Mashed Patatos{Patato,Water,Keep Hammer/Baseballbat/plank,Keep Pot,Result:PmashedpatatosTime:150.0,}recipe Make Buttery Mashed Patatos{Patato,Water,Butter,Keep Hammer/Baseballbat/plank,Result: BMashedPatatosTime:150.0,}recipe Make Peanutbutter and Banana Sandwich{PeanutButterSandwich,Banana,Result: PBBSTime:150.0,}recipe Make BLT Sandwich{Bacon,Letace,Tomato,SlicedBread=2,Result: BLTSandwichTime:150.0,}recipe Make Sliced Ham{Ham,Keep Kitchenknife,Result: SlicedHam=6Time:150.0,}recipe Ham Sandwich{SlicedHam=2,SlicedBread=2,Result:HamSandwichTime:150.0,}recipe Make Ham and Cheese Sandwich{HamSandwich,Cheese,Result: CHamSandwichTime:150.0,}recipe Make Bowl of Cereal{Cereal,Milk,Bowl,Result: BowlofCerealTime:150.0,}recipe Make Egg over easy{Egg,Keep Pan,Result: EggoeTime:150.0,}recipe Make Egg Hard boiled{Egg,Water,Keep Pot,Result: HBEggTime:150.0,}recipe Make Hashbrowns{Patato,Keep KitchenKnife,Result: HashbrownsTime:150.0,}recipe Patato Pancakes{Pmashedpatatos/BMashedPatatos,Keep Pan,Result:PatatoPancakesTime:150.0,}___________________________________________________________________________________________________Item Cornonthecob{HungerChange=-20,Weight=	0.3,Type=Food,IsCookable=TRUE,DangerousUncooked=FALSE,DaysTotallyRotten=8,DisplayName=Corn On the Cob,Icon=Corn,DaysFresh=5,}Item SlicedBread{HungerChange=-5,Weight=0.1,Type=Food,DaysTotallyRotten=5,DisplayName=Bread Slices,Icon=Bread,DaysFresh=1,}Item Pmashedpatatos{HungerChange=-30,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,IsCookable=TRUE,DangerousUncooked=FALSE,DaysTotallyRotten=6,DisplayName=Plain Mashed Patatos,DaysFresh=3,ReplaceOnUse=Pot,}Item Bmashedpatatos{HungerChange=-40,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,IsCookable=TRUE,DangerousUncooked=FALSE,DaysTotallyRotten=6,DisplayName=Buttery Mashed Patatos,DaysFresh=3,}Item PBBS{HungerChange=-50,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,DaysTotallyRotten=6,UnhappyChange=-20,DisplayName=Peanutbutter and Banana Sandwich,DaysFresh=3,Icon=Sandwich_peanut,}Item BLTSandwich{HungerChange=-60,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,DaysTotallyRotten=6,UnhappyChange=-20,DisplayName=BLT Sandwich,DaysFresh=3,Icon=Sandwich_peanut,}Item SlicedHam{HungerChange=-5,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,DaysTotallyRotten=8,DisplayName=Sliced Ham,DaysFresh=5,Icon=Ham,}Item HamSandwich{HungerChange=-30,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,DaysTotallyRotten=8,DisplayName=BLT Sandwich,DaysFresh=5,Icon=Sandwich_peanut,}Item CHamSandwich{HungerChange=-40,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,DaysTotallyRotten=8,DisplayName=Ham and Cheese Sandwich,DaysFresh=5,Icon=Sandwich_peanut,}Item BowlofCereal{HungerChange=-30,ThirstChange=-20,UnhappyChange=-20,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,DaysTotallyRotten=3,DisplayName=BLT Sandwich,DaysFresh=1,Icon=Bowl,}Item Eggoe{HungerChange=-20,Type=Food,DisplayName=Egg Over Easy,MinutesToCook=10,Weight=.2,IsCookable=TRUE,DangerousUncooked=TRUE,DaysTotallyRotten=4,MinutesToBurn=20,Icon=Egg,DaysFresh=2,}Item HBEgg{HungerChange=-20,Type=Food,DisplayName=Hard Boiled Egg,MinutesToCook=10,Weight=.2,IsCookable=TRUE,DangerousUncooked=TRUE,DaysTotallyRotten=20,MinutesToBurn=40,Icon=Egg,DaysFresh=8,}Item Hashbrowns{HungerChange=-30,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,IsCookable=TRUE,DangerousUncooked=FALSE,DaysTotallyRotten=6,DisplayName=Hashbrowns,DaysFresh=3,}Item PatatoPancakes{HungerChange=-40,Weight=0.3,Type=Food,IsCookable=TRUE,DangerousUncooked=FALSE,DaysTotallyRotten=6,DisplayName=Patato Pancakes,DaysFresh=3,}}

a small part of my new food mod :)  Haven't checked it for spelling only syntax.