lordixi

Question

Problem 1:

Some food does not adds "Rotten" in title when becomes rot: Apple, Leek, Onion, Orange, Tomato, Watermelon Slice, Steak and maybe others.

Problem 2:

"Rotten Potato Salad" does not increase unhappiness and boredom.

potato.jpg

Problem 3:

0014, Survival mode, with save\load and without em, in safe mode and in normal mode.

Day 1-2th. I run to hotel, take all food and settled at top house (see screenshot). Then I run for houses below. In "red" houses I just looked in refrigerators, in "yellow" house I take food from refrigerator and put it back, and i don't even enter in any other houses in the game.

21_11_2013_14_50_50_1.png

Day 10th. Food in refrigerators in "red" and "yellow" houses, that I looked at 1-2th days, are ok. But food in refrigerators in other houses, which I didn't looked before (I checked about 10 of them), becomes rotten!

I played another 2 games with same rules (see screenshots) and situation does not changed: after 10th day (maybe earlier) food in fridges which I looked is ok and food in fridges which I didn't look becomes rotten.

21_11_2013_14_50_50_2.png

21_11_2013_14_50_50_3.png

Why it's happens?  It seems like at start of game all refrigerators turned off and my goal for a first week is to turn on as much refrigerators as I can by looking in it. It must be like this or it's a bug?

Suggections:

1. Items, which rot in real life, but not rot in the game: Ham, Butter, Cheese Sandwich, Cupcake, Peanut Butter Sandwich, Icecream. Make them rot.

2. Make an ability to pour onto ground any food from Bowl/Cup/Pot

8 answers to this question

I got food poisoning after eating soup cooked from month-old butter and a freshly opened  can of tuna, so I think Butter rots in game but doesn't have the "rotten" in it's title. All of the rest of the items in your no-rot list are safe to eat though ! :3 I wonder why they don't rot? ^^

I got food poisoning after eating soup cooked from month-old butter and a freshly opened  can of tuna, so I think Butter rots in game but doesn't have the "rotten" in it's title. All of the rest of the items in your no-rot list are safe to eat though ! :3 I wonder why they don't rot? ^

I'm somewhere around 3 or 4 months in to my game world and have been eating sticks of butter consistently with no ill effects, aside from unhappiness. I don't think butter rots in this build.

The problem is a bug RJ is fixing for the next build (see the rotten Ramen thread).

Every item has an "age"... and ramen doesn't rot; but when he keeps the "age" to avoid letting you make fresh soup form rotten goods he ended up simply keeping the age.

So normal ramen a month old was causing the bowl of ramen to be rotten as the age was too high... I might be misrepresenting this slightly; but I think it's close to accurate.

Your butter won't rot; but its age added to the soup (or maybe your tuna which wasn't rotten in the can rotted immediately on opening as it could be rotten then) caused your soup to be rotten.

Previous patches allowed rotten ingredients to make a fresh soup; so they're going to have some issues sorting out what will or won't "rot" the final product.   And I know RJ posted he was looking into it on the Ramen thread so I hope/assume his fix will be general and not just for ramen alone.

Well, the problem wasn't the same as the rotten ramen in fact ;)

Rotten ramen was a bug from the crafting system, where I take the highest Age value to make the result, even if the base food couldn't be rotten (so, you had ramen for 20days, no rotten because it can't, dry food, then you put it in the bowl, i add age = 20 for the cooked ramen = rotten ;)), anyway, it's fixed.

This bug was a problem in the night survived calcul + electricity stuff, just fixed it for the upcoming release ;)

Well, the problem wasn't the same as the rotten ramen in fact ;)

Rotten ramen was a bug from the crafting system, where I take the highest Age value to make the result, even if the base food couldn't be rotten (so, you had ramen for 20days, no rotten because it can't, dry food, then you put it in the bowl, i add age = 20 for the cooked ramen = rotten ;)), anyway, it's fixed.

This bug was a problem in the night survived calcul + electricity stuff, just fixed it for the upcoming release ;)

I'm having a similar problem in my current save.

Fresh uncooked chicken + fresh broccoli + cheese = rotten broccoli chicken casserole (and ruined my last roasting pan...)

Also had several soups become instantly rotten from fresh ingredients + sugar or flour, and one soup in particular become rotten while in the oven...

So just to clarify, those issues are also part of the upcoming fix, or is that related to something else?