Death by burnt steak

Plague

So after playing around in Zomboid, getting used to the new features, since the old freeware demo, I created a 5th character, and set off to an adventure full of stuffs... except I somehow killed myself by eating a burnt steak.

So specify: I was cooking a steak, while multitasking, got back, saw it was burned on the stove, and I decided to eat it. Which killed me.

Now, I'm sorta guessing what killed me could've been me not turning off the stove, or my character not being able to handel burnt food, maybe a possible bug?

Any ideas what could've been the cause?

Looking forward to you guys' response. ^_^

So after playing around in Zomboid, getting used to the new features, since the old freeware demo, I created a 5th character, and set off to an adventure full of stuffs... except I somehow killed myself by eating a burnt steak.

So specify: I was cooking a steak, while multitasking, got back, saw it was burned on the stove, and I decided to eat it. Which killed me.

Now, I'm sorta guessing what killed me could've been me not turning off the stove, or my character not being able to handel burnt food, maybe a possible bug?

You ate it straight from the oven? Its possible that it burnt while you were taking it out to eat it. 

Now, I'm sorta guessing what killed me could've been me not turning off the stove, or my character not being able to handle burnt food, maybe a possible bug?

You ate it straight from the oven? Its possible that it burnt while you were taking it out to eat it. 

Hes not complaining about burning the steak hes talking about dieing for no reason, this kinda happened to me when i died instantly after eating a piece of rotten melon.

• 3 weeks later...

Sure it just didn't coincide with the ill-seen "sudden death syndrome"?

Could be. Maybe the steak was so good that my character just died?

Personally I love burnt steak but I have something to add; I just died from a burnt steak too. I went back a save and burned the same steak and I turned the stove off before taking the steak out but I still died anyway.

Steak takes about 50 minutes to cook, is it possible you ingested it Raw instead? In any case, raw and burnt does increase a chance of sickness.

Regarding the sudden death, if I'm not mistaken it has been reported before as a bug, from... a few weeks ago? I can't really remember.