BETA BRANCH RELEASED : 07/12/13

RobertJohnson

i dont know what you problem is strider, in no way did i whine, im simply reporting somethign that is broken and asking for a solution ( like a lot of other people about other issue ) , if we cant report stuff and ask anything whats the point of having a beta ?

I'll let you off then...

But don't do it again!

:P

There has been whining in here though and it's just starting to wrankle a little. Not enough love being shown, y'know?

First off, love the game. It's what I've always wanted in a zombie game. The only reason I'm making an account now is the level of activity I see from them, which is great. Nobody cares about grammar, just sayin. If they did we'd make more dictionaries and have less awesome developers.

Edited by Synchronicity

I noticed rain is behind walls when displayed in the scene. (Rain shows like it is behind the house but it should be in front)

Not a major bug but I thought i'd add. If it doesn't happen everywhere I know for a fact it happens here:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8019641227418601,0.1262143561376047,299.20000000000005

Also I've been getting Rotten soup from normal ingredients.. I'm pretty sure they aren't spoiled or anything but the soup turns out bad.

Nice work on the updating for us. also some people seem to lack the ability to realize some people do not speak English as their primary language, which is fairly obvious from the language used in the changelog.

cut them some slack guys, they are working on an awesome game.

hey RobertJohnson just do the change log in french or something that will shut them up :D

Nice work on the updating for us. also some people seem to lack the ability to realize some people do not speak English as their primary language, which is fairly obvious from the language used in the changelog.

cut them some slack guys, they are working on an awesome game.

hey RobertJohnson just do the change log in french or something that will shut them up :D

You know what ? That's a really great idea.... :D

But I think the guys who don't like my grammar will don't like it too... :(

pfft pansies alll of them! like to see them keep a changelog up to date :P

anyone who has worked with a programmer would know its like pulling teeth :D

Um..

It isn't difficult to do. And this is coming from a programmer, and someone who has had to keep a changelog for others.

Im not complaining about it anyway, its fun checking back here for new things, and I am not bothered if things are missed.

Some guys have blown this way out of proportion. When I wrote that post I had no idea whatsoever that

you (RJ) were French. All I saw was your name, Robert Johnson, and it sounded very much English

to me. I know (now) that your title says French Developer but I usually don't bother about peoples

titles, signatures or profiles. But now I do know better and I'm really sorry if I have offended you - that

was never my intention. Please take my word for it. I'm truly sorry for this. Like I told RoboMat in a PM

yesterday: I do understand how you feel about this. See, I'm Swedish and I struggle trying to write in

English as well, because it's hard, real hard.

You have now changed the OP but before that I had some problems trying to understand it, hence me

writing that post. My views haven't changed, but you have all missed my point (partly my own fault). I

don't care about spelling or about grammar. I couldn't care less. As I said, I'm struggling myself as you

all can probably tell by reading my post. But, I'm pretty certain you can all understand me, and that's the

difference here. And that's because I take my time when writing, trying to correct mistakes, and trying to

do the best I can. Sure, it takes a couple of minutes longer to type, but I think it's worth it.

Your first post was all over the place, and quite hard to understand (not all of it!). Not because you lack

knowledge in English, but because you just didn't take that extra time when typing. And that's the only

thing I had a problem with - you not being able to get your point across. Forget about grammar and

misspelled words, I make the same mistakes myself. Most English speaking people do.

You are indie, and so you can't probably afford a lot of advertisement. So you really depend on people

spreading the word to other gamers. And I do think it's important to have a clear dialogue with your

fanbase, let them know what's going on, and make sure they can understand you. And I'm not only

talking about the patch notes here. A game forum can impact how people feel about the actual game.

Most problems, regarding indie games in general and early access in particular, rise when the developers

forget (or stop all together) to communicate (Towns anyone?).

I don't see that problem here (at the moment) but experience shows it's a common thing now days,

when developers gets money up front, and then have a problem to motivate themselves to finish the

game. They have already made a lot of money so why bother, some devs might think. So communicating

is a big deal when trying to keep everyone happy.

So, my first post was only a friendly reminder to keep it simple, and understandable. That's all there

is to it really. But I'm really sorry if you felt insulted RJ. I really am. And I do appreciate everything you

do in the coding area. Keep up the good work. And I do think you should allow some comments to this

post here in the thread.

But overall, people should get better at taking critique because that's the whole point with early access,

to get feedback from users regarding the game and the development. You don't need an army with people

agreeing with everything you are doing or saying. To iterate and go forward you need people questioning

things, to get a new perspective on stuff.

Best Wishes

: TE

I noticed rain is behind walls when displayed in the scene. (Rain shows like it is behind the house but it should be in front)

Not a major bug but I thought i'd add. If it doesn't happen everywhere I know for a fact it happens here:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8019641227418601,0.1262143561376047,299.20000000000005

Also I've been getting Rotten soup from normal ingredients.. I'm pretty sure they aren't spoiled or anything but the soup turns out bad.

(Haven't read the last page of replies yet)

Please don't report the bugs related to http://pzmap.crash-override.net in this topic. It's made by completely independant person who isn't a part of Indie Stone team.

Updated !

• When crafting an of item of food - its age will be dependent on the average age of the foodstuffs that went into the recipe. What's more, if any of the food you used was rotten - then don't expect the results to be particularly edible either! This is a fix for crafted food that 'cured' the rot of what went into it - ramen etc :)
  • Increased the likelihood of discovering tent pegs
  • The loot found on zombie bodies is no longer dependent on the room/area in which they were 'killed'
  • Lowered the potential for alarms to sound once the electricity has shut itself off
  • General UI polish
  • You can now pack 50 seeds into a seeds package - so it now works like boxing up nail

Petit ajout : (yup, it's French)

• Ripping something into bandages that's inside a container won't have the side-effect of ripping up the clothes you're wearing. (Sorry!)

The loot found on zombie bodies is no longer dependent on the room/area in which they were 'killed'

Aw... but killing a zombie in a bathroom and finding 2 towels on him just makes me giggle.  I keep thinking I've interrupted the zombie taking a shower.

But yes, I'd thought about dragging a horde into certain buildings to exploit this.  I was thinking the cafe, grocery, general store, or spiffos to see if I couldn't get food drops on zombies... hadn't gotten around to doing it yet though to test it.   I guess it would have worked.

"Ripping something into bandages that's inside a container won't have the side-effect of ripping up the clothes you're wearing. (Sorry!)"

As John and Victoria walked down the street, John rubbed his forearm, and felt an all too familar wet, it was blood...

John stopped and looked at his arm confirming what he already knew.

"Hey I scratched my arm when I went through that broken window, I need to do something about it".

"Dont worry" said Victoria "I have a spare shirt in my bag I can rip into bandages for you"

*Victoria opens her bag and begins to rip the shirt inside int bandages*

Suddenly no sooner than she was done...*POOF* her top magically disappeared...she quickly crossed her arms across her chest.

"Dammit I hate that bug!" she exclaimed.

John smiled and thought to himself, "Man I LOVE that bug"