BETA BRANCH RELEASED : 07/12/13

RobertJohnson

"New message added to demo to underline to players that you start off infected."

What a great way to limit the Demo. Well played.

the demo was all the time with a character being infected, i guess they just did this so people dont think "oh heck, died out of nowhere, damn even their demo is bugged!!!!!1111"

As it's said in the OP, "NO ETA GIVEN" ;)

So any info about the modloader Robert?

This ?

Fixed the mod loader bug (I thought we already made a hotfix for that, apologize !).

:P

"New message added to demo to underline to players that you start off infected."

What a great way to limit the Demo. Well played.

the demo was all the time with a character being infected, i guess they just did this so people dont think "oh heck, died out of nowhere, damn even their demo is bugged!!!!!1111"

That's it, even if we added a small story at start to clearly say you've got bitten... Well, now it's double time said :P

That's it, even if we added a small story at start to clearly say you've got bitten... Well, now it's double time said :P

Even if? You know your going to make a sweet story chapter for an exclusive demo once the Baldspot and Kate tutorial comes back in...

can't wait for this to happen. I haven't gotten a chance at "accidently" killing kate (clyde)

OP Updated, I do HOPE all the drama will be gone... Already lose 30min of coding to update it, so please please please please please (x10000), don't make me change it again (except if you have any spelling/grammar fixes).

The terrorists have won.

New stuff !

• Fixed bunchs of XP books bugs :
    • No more xp reset if you stop/restart to read the book.
    • Page read will be reset to 0 if you finish to read them (thanks gekkobear ;)).
    • No more multiplier reset in the middle of the skill.
    • No more "can't read last page bug".
  • Hand made construction will now drop some materials used to build it if destroyed.
  • Fixed the weapon tooltip.
  • The container tooltip (for plastic bags, school bags..) will now display the icons of the 3 last items added inside it.
  • 2 new traits : Lucky and Unlucky, they will influence things such as loot rate, chance of break your weapon, chance of success in [spoiler ALERT] fixing it [/spoiler ALERT]...

• 2 new traits : Lucky and Unlucky, they will influence things such as loot rate, chance of break your weapon, chance of success in [spoiler ALERT] fixing it [/spoiler ALERT]...

Not to sound judging or anything by the way!

But wouldn't it be better if "luck" was determined by the player himself, instead of tying it up to the traits? I feel like it's a kind of cheating trait, since a lot of people are going to go for "lucky" and unlikely anyone will pick "unlucky".

I consider myself "lucky" when I find the item I'm looking for earlier than I want. I consider myself "unlucky" if the Item I'm looking for is almost nowhere to be found. And things like these happens a lot! It might be really, really bad for me to ask (considering you might've done a lot of work into these traits) but is it still a possibility to not have these traits in the game?

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with such an opinion. Also, love your other added stuff Romain! Don't take this harsh :P

Not to sound judging or anything by the way!

But wouldn't it be better if "luck" was determined by the player himself, instead of tying it up to the traits? I feel like it's a kind of cheating trait, since a lot of people are going to go for "lucky" and unlikely anyone will pick "unlucky".

I consider myself "lucky" when I find the item I'm looking for earlier than I want. I consider myself "unlucky" if the Item I'm looking for is almost nowhere to be found. And things like these happens a lot! It might be really, really bad for me to ask (considering you might've done a lot of work into these traits) but is it still a possibility to not have these traits in the game?

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with such an opinion. Also, love your other added stuff Romain! Don't take this harsh :P

"lucky" and "unlucky" are basic advantages and disadvantages in a lot of RPGs. In an Pen&Paper RPG this could mean things like "higher propability of finding valuable stuff" or maybe help by the master once a "day"... 

Plus: you'll always have to choose negative traits for positive ones, and those negative ones will have an effect on the player sooner or later

It's a minor trait ;)

Unlucky isn't that bad, really :)

If I choose this trait and ever run into problem where I go "Damn, I can't find this X item" I would totally go like "I wish I never picked Unlucky trait", and then totally never choose it again. :/

To be very honest, I wish "luck" was something players couldn't tweak, unless choosing loot as "abundant" in sandbox :P

Gratz on 666th post btw.

I think "luck" and "bad luck" are fair points for weapon breaking and fixing them, but when it comes to loot rate i think most of the players wouldn´t really pick it , because of the mentioned above point :/ Maybe something like "crude" and "precise" ( i hope these words are right , had to google them) would be ( in my opinion) maybe better traits ( they would only affect weapon breaking and fixing) ... but it´s just an idea. You probably put a lot of work into them and we don´t really know how they will affect the game , so we can´t really criticise them  (tophat)  ( also WOHOO new traits :D )

Edit: dammit , RJ is now the devil :o

Some new stuff :

So yes, I do think this version will be in beta, once everything it's stable, we'll release in the normal Steam branch, that's why I try to focus on bug fixing and not adding things [...]

And just now, everyone's really psyched for the new stuff.

I like your style. (tophat)