BETA BRANCH RELEASED : 07/12/13

RobertJohnson

Wow i only Play the build 1 hour or maybe less but what i see is really great,i think alot more Z`s on insane the hole muldraugh City is full of it try 2 run true them but no Chance 2 many off them killed in about 1 day of running lol...

someone knows for what is the teeth past alrdy?

Is it just me or is the wooden crate the same as the bar furniture? makes no difference in storage size, but the sprite is the same, isnt it? i never built crates before, i though those were the ones like those in the warehouse

No, it's not just you.

I started in West Point because it's new and I figured it would need the most work. It seems to me that most of the neighborhood houses have couches you can walk through. Its the same with all the furniture really. Not all houses are like this, but a lot of them are. Also, if you enter a window that has something on the other side, like a crate, you can walk through it.

I started in West Point because it's new and I figured it would need the most work. It seems to me that most of the neighborhood houses have couches you can walk through. Its the same with all the furniture really. Not all houses are like this, but a lot of them are. Also, if you enter a window that has something on the other side, like a crate, you can walk through it.

It's intentional, otherwise you'd be stuck everytime you climb through a window/wouldn't be able to climb out/hang a sheet on it.

Is it just me or is the wooden crate the same as the bar furniture? makes no difference in storage size, but the sprite is the same, isnt it? i never built crates before, i though those were the ones like those in the warehouse

This is a potential problem, because when you hit 'R' the crate/bar just rotates. making it impossible to stack 3 crates as before.

Sorry for not having read through all 11 pages in full ^^' but is there somewhere i can see a proper update summary for these Steam beta updates? So i know what to be looking for and expecting. :)

You could try the very first post in this thread. That's about the most comprehensive summary I've seen so far.

Sorry for not having read through all 11 pages in full ^^' but is there somewhere i can see a proper update summary for these Steam beta updates? So i know what to be looking for and expecting. :)

You could try the very first post in this thread. That's about the most comprehensive summary I've seen so far.

Yeah i found it somewhere else, but it doesnt state on this site when a post was last updated, so its says on the OP that it was posted in november hence why i didnt look it over. I really miss it here that there arent date stamps for posts which are also updated/edited at a later point. Thanks eitherway for the info. :) For others with the same question as me that will help them too. :)

Ok, it isn't just West Point. I can walk through most of the furniture. There was a couch in front of a window and I walked through it and out the window. I didn't question at the time as the horde was after me, (Good job balancing Zombie count BTW) but now it seems kinda weird. Also, some furniture has more clippage than others. I can't approach some wardrobes as if they were closer than they are, while others, I can walk through. It's worse in West Point but still a problem in Muldragh. Otherwise I'm not having too many problems.

It seems that food doesn't age inside of bags. Also, I just saw a zombie halfway inside of a house  :evil: Wish I could post screenshot but I don't know the button to take them! Anywho, I'm not sure if it was a graphical error or if it was physically a problem. Otherwise good. I'll keep my eyes peeled still!

Ok, it isn't just West Point. I can walk through most of the furniture. There was a couch in front of a window and I walked through it and out the window. I didn't question at the time as the horde was after me, (Good job balancing Zombie count BTW) but now it seems kinda weird. Also, some furniture has more clippage than others. I can't approach some wardrobes as if they were closer than they are, while others, I can walk through. It's worse in West Point but still a problem in Muldragh. Otherwise I'm not having too many problems.

yeah i noticed the same, the thing is you see a couch infront of the window an the game shows it there but the couch is actually not there, if i wanted to close curtains yesterday i also had to click a bit away from te window until i found it, but that might be mods if you have any? im gonna refresh my game today and try it again.

Any object infront of a window can be clipped through, also some chairs and other stuff. The "wardrobes" take a full tile, but are drawn less thick. Do you guys even read my messages? :P

Any object infront of a window can be clipped through, also some chairs and other stuff. The "wardrobes" take a full tile, but are drawn less thick. Do you guys even read my messages? :P

We do that thats not the point its a visual bug in the game where nothing is where it is supposed to be, someplaces its worse than others. Not where its supposed to be as in when i click a sink i might instead get the options dropdown for the stove thats two tiles away instead and so forth..

Framerate is smooth, i mean is grabbing items and everything isn't in slowmotion but moving and doing actions is in. 

Nothing helps.

Slo-mo = low framerate, see above advice ;)

Battlefield 3 at high 55fps, project zomboid at any settings slow mo. In previous versions was not like this. :-|

Which is exactly why we're testing. To make Project Zomboid Better than battlefield 3 (Already is imo) and all the other games. Yeah, major clipping errors, also sometimes when I hover over a moodle it tells me information on the one below it so I can't read the top moodle :( Sometimes when managing inventory if i double click on my inventory the inv won't stop following my mouse lol It's been happening way before this build and has improved but still happens occasionally..

Mhm, but cant expect them to fix everything after one day, but i do hope they begin to implement more mods which they deem worthy(Like the sleep overhaul mod) Into the main game, cause more and more mods are ceasing to work at the moment..

And also on the graphical clipping, if thats what its called, it is indeed worse some places than others. And also the zombie Lore options dont go over properly, i put them to the slowest option and they still go berserk and shamble/run at me like mad men... And the iniform of zombie distribution option makes less of them in town but instead LOADS by the houses on the outskirts of either town making the usual safehouses a bit.. well dangerous. But i suppose ill see how it is having a safehouse in the town then instead..

This is my first post here, so I would like to thank Rob and all other members for creating this game! Although I have only been playing for two days, I find this game to be a fairly good time! I am definitely looking forward to upcoming features. I actually have a few suggestions myself. Just please please PLEASE remember that anything said is constructive criticism, not me bashing the game.

Depth to Meta:

As of right now, Project Zomboid is a fairly lonely world. I am not complaining about the lack of npcs (I would take a delayed, but solid release over a hasteful, but sloppy release anyday), but rather giving a few ideas as to give the game a sense of depth.

1.) Other survivors:

As I mentioned, I am not asking for rushed npcs. Instead, what if we got a glimpse into life before the apocalypse through things such as notes or diary entries? We might find notes in certain houses, saying things such as reminders, or even reactions as the apocalypse is beginning.

2.) Unfinished tasks:

In this build, I personally feel very lonely, and that makes it difficult for me to play for hours upon hours in a row. What if there were unfinished tasks, left by survivors? An example of this is a chicken left in the oven to burn. Say Mom was cooking dinner, when Dad came home infected. Dad in turn infected Mom, leaving the chicken in the oven. Thus, upon entering a house, there is a chance it could catch fire if there is something in the oven.

3.) Emotional baggage:

Emotionally, I feel quite detached to this game. There really haven't been any moments of "Oh my God, what have I done?" or "I can understand what happened here. I made many difficult decisions, and these are the consequences I need to accept." One way I feel you could build this attachment is something similar to what was suggested in #1. Say, for example, we break into a house. We check the bathroom for painkillers, the kitchen for food, the usual routine. Then we happen to stumble upon something in the bedroom. We see a bloodied couple in bed, a pistol in the husband's hand. There is a note on the bed that says, "I would rather be dead in heaven than alive in this Hell. I love you darling, and I hope to see you soon."

This gives the player a sense of attachment, giving them further encouragement to move on.

I apologize for the long post, but I really wanted to share my ideas. Please don't rip this to shreds if I already mentioned something that has been discussed elsewhere. Thank you again for this wonderful game, and for keeping in touch with the community!

This is my first post here, so I would like to thank Rob and all other members for creating this game! Although I have only been playing for two days, I find this game to be a fairly good time! I am definitely looking forward to upcoming features. I actually have a few suggestions myself. Just please please PLEASE remember that anything said is constructive criticism, not me bashing the game.

Depth to Meta:

As of right now, Project Zomboid is a fairly lonely world. I am not complaining about the lack of npcs (I would take a delayed, but solid release over a hasteful, but sloppy release anyday), but rather giving a few ideas as to give the game a sense of depth.

1.) Other survivors:

As I mentioned, I am not asking for rushed npcs. Instead, what if we got a glimpse into life before the apocalypse through things such as notes or diary entries? We might find notes in certain houses, saying things such as reminders, or even reactions as the apocalypse is beginning.

2.) Unfinished tasks:

In this build, I personally feel very lonely, and that makes it difficult for me to play for hours upon hours in a row. What if there were unfinished tasks, left by survivors? An example of this is a chicken left in the oven to burn. Say Mom was cooking dinner, when Dad came home infected. Dad in turn infected Mom, leaving the chicken in the oven. Thus, upon entering a house, there is a chance it could catch fire if there is something in the oven.

3.) Emotional baggage:

Emotionally, I feel quite detached to this game. There really haven't been any moments of "Oh my God, what have I done?" or "I can understand what happened here. I made many difficult decisions, and these are the consequences I need to accept." One way I feel you could build this attachment is something similar to what was suggested in #1. Say, for example, we break into a house. We check the bathroom for painkillers, the kitchen for food, the usual routine. Then we happen to stumble upon something in the bedroom. We see a bloodied couple in bed, a pistol in the husband's hand. There is a note on the bed that says, "I would rather be dead in heaven than alive in this Hell. I love you darling, and I hope to see you soon."

This gives the player a sense of attachment, giving them further encouragement to move on.

I apologize for the long post, but I really wanted to share my ideas. Please don't rip this to shreds if I already mentioned something that has been discussed elsewhere. Thank you again for this wonderful game, and for keeping in touch with the community!

All ideas are welcome, though this might get moved over to the Suggestion forums, as this one is more about updates on Beta branching releases. :) Welcome to the Community. :)