Should "Empty Bottle" and "Water Bottle" be separate for each item?

Faalagorn

Should "Empty Bottle" and "Water Bottle" be separate for each item?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should "Empty Bottle" and "Water Bottle" be separate for each item?

• Yes, they should be separate for each item they come from
    • No, they should be as is

Currently, most liquids (wines, bourbon, beer, orange soda, bottled water, remoulade and mayonnaise) leave behind "Empty Bottle" after drinking which you can fill with water from tap or other water sources which will then appear as "Water Bottle". They have different weights and appearance and are grouped together. That's why some translations (Polish, Russian, Ukrainian and as of recently Chinese)  use different names for each one.

I made a pull request to incorporate it to English translation as well here: https://github.com/TheIndieStone/ProjectZomboidTranslations/pull/432 but it would be nice if you could reply what option would you like to see.

Since the weights are different I guess it would be more useful to be able to identify the plastic bottles from the glass ones more quickly. Is the storage capacity the same? If so, you'd never want to use the heavier glass bottles unless you had no lighter alternative. Also, eventually the glass bottles may be more useful as molotovs. 

I think perhaps (empty/filled) "Empty Plastic Bottle/Plastic Water Bottle" and "Empty Glass Bottle/Glass Water Bottle" would be fine and have them stack separately. Having the descriptor of the type of fluid contained is good for allowing other fluids to be stored inside them such as gasoline (plastic gasoline bottle), homemade alcohol/moonshine (if it was made a thing) or thin soups. This way they'd share a consistent naming/descriptor. It would also probably be more mod friendly, I guess?

2 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

Since the weights are different I guess it would be more useful to be able to identify the plastic bottles from the glass ones more quickly. Is the storage capacity the same? If so, you'd never want to use the heavier glass bottles unless you had no lighter alternative. Also, eventually the glass bottles may be more useful as molotovs.

That was my original thinking as well, as I don't mind chips or different colored clothing being stacked that way so much. The weights and capacities are widely different especially for remoulade and mayonaise bottles but I think these are less common now. The weights are a little more balanced now that they used to be, but there's still that plastic/glass bottles you said.

Bourbon, Wines and Beer still differ a little, but the idea of having them split by time seems a good middle ground as well.

Archived