Building Degradation

Athens222

The apocalypse has started, everyone is dying, but it just so happens that every single person in Knox County left their house organized and in good shape for the player, how kind. This is one of the things that breaks immersion for me in PZ. All the buildings you loot are always left as if the apocalypse never hit, here's my suggestion.  Building degradation. As the apocalypse go on, buildings should degrade. Furniture displaced, walls and floors begin deteriorating, dust gathers up, broken furniture and displaced ones. Even if you manage to survive late into the apocalypse, buildings remain unharmed. 

IAs the apocalypse go on, any buildings that are not in the player's render distance should deteriorate and see change, maybe unseen survivors or zombies displacing and destroying furniture, walls and floors. Or even better, mother nature begins to take over, roofs begin to crumble, grass and plants start growing indoors if the house is exposed to the elements late into the apocalypse, etc. 

I do think, like @Pandoreasaid, this is an issue with SP over MP. As far as my own personal experience goes, when playing in a multiplayer server for a good enough amount of time, you'll run into exactly what you suggested with furniture becoming displaced, items being misplaced or dropped haphazardly, and things just outright being stolen or destroyed overnight.

That's not something I think can organically be replicated in SP, though I do think the idea of interior textures degrading over time if neglected, or other decals like stains and garbage piles worsening / multiplying overtime would be a good and impactful addition to the game.

Edited by Fuzzy Wolfy

There's also random events that's being improved so you can see some houses with odd loot or zombies inside and you can enable zombies to attack windows even when no player is around in sandbox. There's also randomly-opened cupboards in one of the latest additions of furniture overlays, so it's slowly getting there, probably more when hunting and down the road other mechanics built upon it are introduced :)