Zomboid don't initializing

MrJames

Question

Hello everyone

Today I bought zomboid and after dowloading the game, I've started the game but everytime when I lauched the game crashes, I just saw the news's Message for 1 second and the game close. I saw in a steam forum someone anking to post the console.txt > https://pastebin.com/3uWAX20E

Please, I want to play this game with my friends

sorry for bad english, I'm from Brazil

9 answers to this question

9 hours ago, MrJames said:

Just use my processor - Intel Core I5

Alright. The driver vers. had me worried that this was something like a GMA card, as it’s from 2013. 

What model of i5 is it? You should be able to see this in dxdiag.exe, from the Run prompt on the Start menu.

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Alright. The driver vers. had me worried that this was something like a GMA card, as it’s from 2013. 

What model of i5 is it? You should be able to see this in dxdiag.exe, from the Run prompt on the Start menu.

Intel Core I5 - 650 @ 3.20GHz (4CPUs), ~3.2GHz
And 8GB Ram

On 3/2/2021 at 7:09 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Looks like you have the last driver Intel released for this cpu (2013).

It doesn’t seem possible that this computer can run the game. Sorry for the bad news.

No problem :( , but I will buy a new computer

21 minutes ago, MrJames said:

No problem :( , but I will buy a new computer

If it's an option, dual-booting Linux should allow it to work. It might not perform very well, but it should run.

I'd not recommend spending time on this if you have the option and would like to refund the game on Steam or GoG, though. No point losing the return period troubleshooting an issue. Generally Ubuntu should work out of the box; some distros just have out of date glib that can make getting up and running a bit of a pain.

Archived