Controller on Split-Screen in Build41 not working right.

DoopsSoup

So me and my brother are trying to play Build 41 Split-screen with remote-play, which we've done successfully before, and we can get the add player screen to show up. But now, neither of us can select add player. We have re-verified files and have done a complete restart already, along with trying different controllers. It works fine in every menu, but when we get to the Add New Player screen, neither keyboard nor controller can select the option.

• 3 weeks later...

Having the exact same issue, since today.

HAVE tried both in big picture, and without.
Have tried with multiple controllers, ps3 and ps4.

I even played splitscreen yesterday, and now, today, it gives me the above mentioned issue.

I CAN enter a game, and i CAN get the corner menu to pop up, by pressing 'x' on my ps4 controller, but i cant get any further from there. Cant add player 2, cant take over player 1, cant cancel, but i CAN press the arrow buttons to move the selector.

When i go to options to test my controller input in the controller tab, everything seems to be working fine. All the buttons produce an effect, and seem connected to the right input.

<3

Edited by pizzaost

On 3/20/2021 at 6:39 PM, pizzaost said:

Having the exact same issue, since today.

HAVE tried both in big picture, and without.
Have tried with multiple controllers, ps3 and ps4.

I even played splitscreen yesterday, and now, today, it gives me the above mentioned issue.

I CAN enter a game, and i CAN get the corner menu to pop up, by pressing 'x' on my ps4 controller, but i cant get any further from there. Cant add player 2, cant take over player 1, cant cancel, but i CAN press the arrow buttons to move the selector.

When i go to options to test my controller input in the controller tab, everything seems to be working fine. All the buttons produce an effect, and seem connected to the right input.

<3

I would possibly recommend you try to reset the keybindings in your game and see if that helps. You need to go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete both the "joypads" and "Lua" folders (or back them up somewhere else if you want to keep your settings in case this doesnt help)

17 hours ago, pizzaost said:

No luck, unfortunately :(

Thats unfortunate you did set up the PS controller in the Steam Big Picture right? In the settings you have to enable the PS controller option. Other than that, do you have any mods enabled by any chance?

• 1 month later...

Hello! I just wanted to chime in and say I am having the same issue. Vanilla, no mods, on IWBUMS 41.50
Tried in big picture mode, normal mode, with multiple controllers. 

The weirdest thing is that the controller navigates menus without any trouble. 

It is just the "Take Over player 1 / Add new player / Cancel" menu that I cannot make any selection in. 

One more interesting fact, I read somewhere you should be able to click on "Take over player 1" with the mouse. when I do that it moves selection but doesn't activate the action, for any of the three choices

Also I just verified it does work fine for me in build 40

Edited by Jezzick