Tried the new beta, can't load my personal server anymore

Hellgatsu

Question

Hi, I tried the single player new beta and it was of course awesome.But when I loaded again the game without any beta (so with the beta tab in Steam set to nothing, like my friends anyway) the game gives me an error. It says the save file version world is 1 while the current is 143
But of course the version is 40.43, like my friends.

.It also mention something about the vehicles.Have anybody else experienced this issue?

The specific error is this:

"Save cannot be loaded. Due to the extent of required implement vehicles, saves from earlier versions are non-compatible. To continue this game: acces the pre-vehichles Build 38.30 via the Steam betas tab. SaveGameWorldVersion: 1 CurrentWorldVersion: 134""

7 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Hellgatsu said:

There is not a single map_ver.bin file, there are A LOT of them.
Should I delete them all?

Immagine 2021-02-26 131303.jpg

No that wouldnt be recommended to delete them if not needed, are you sure you are looking in the right folder? If you are the one hosting it should be "servertest" by default or "servertest_player"

5 hours ago, Beard said:

No that wouldnt be recommended to delete them if not needed, are you sure you are looking in the right folder? If you are the one hosting it should be "servertest" by default or "servertest_player"

Yes it was the servertest saves/multiplayer folder folder, I found the file in the servertest_player folder and deleted it there but nothing changed.
I also deleted the erosion file as i've read on another thread but nothing changed

In that case you could try to delete all the map.bin folders EXCEPT the map_p.bin (your character file), map_sand.bin (server settings) and all of the map files with numbers after them (those are the map itself, you would wipe the map by deleting those)
The other map files control time flow, farming and other stuff so if this fixes it there might be some weirdness at first.

Likely that the server version file has gotten corrupted for some reason. You should be able to fix it by going to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\Multiplayer\servertest" and deleting the map_ver.bin file if that is your own server that you hosted. If that doesnt work do the same thing in the "servertest_player" folder

Archived