Buying a laptop just to play this game, need advise

keithkay

Hello all, due to my new job I have to travel alot and my work laptop is a Mac book pro. I am looking to buy a used laptop only to play this game. What is the real recommended system requirements for this game? I know before the anim update potato laptops could run this game decently but I dont know what would i need to run this game comfortably now. I dont have the budget to buy a gaming laptop but i honestly dont really need a beast cause only game i play is basically pz. Can anyone help me out? 

Anything that has at least 4 GB RAM and a dedicated graphics card should be fine. Of course 8GB RAM would be the best.
Try to avoid integrated cards, especially intel series 2000 - 5500 as those have big problems running the latest version. I haven't heard issues running with an intel 630 though for example so you could try your luck there, but as said a dedicated card would be best.

if a laptop with dedicated graphics  is too expensive, I'd look into an amd system with the integrated vega graphics, it won't be a powerhouse, but should play PZ with some reduced graphics settings fairly well.  also im not really a laptop guy, but if the laptop has a thunderbolt(?) port I believe you could set up a graphics card externally on it, so you could save some money upfront/ focus on beefier cpu/ram options.

from a general tech point - make sure the ram is dual channel, some laptops cheap out and do single channel. and also while it won't make much of a difference for PZ, the laptop should use ssd.

Archived