Game crashes randomly on main/settings menu

Xenotemos

4 GB of RAM + integrated graphics is too little for the game.

You can try the 32-bit version by going to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and running the ProjectZomboid32.exe file. Turning down most settings may also help.  Would also recommend closing any other programs before launching the game. 

The game is already running on the lowest settings possible, and it is running on 32 bit. I can open the game and play it with decent fps, but it crashes randomly. I think the game could handle it better with optimisation updates, as it shouldnt require me to run it on a decent computer when i can count the pixels of the textures.

Edited by Xenotemos

5 hours ago, Xenotemos said:

The game is already running on the lowest settings possible, and it is running on 32 bit. I can open the game and play it with decent fps, but it crashes randomly. I think the game could handle it better with optimisation updates, as it shouldnt require me to run it on a decent computer when i can count the pixels of the textures.

Like I said, 4 gb of RAM is too little.

You’ll have 2 gb for graphics (mirrored because that’s how integrated intel graphics works on Windows, 1 gb for the Java side of the game, and ~800 mb for everything else, including Windows and any other programs you have running.

It is not enough. This is why we don’t recommend integrated graphics in the min spec.

Can’t fix it with optimizations. Support for computers like this has effectively been at an end for 2 years now because the game has long outgrown them.