My game refuses to load other maps

LInkthekid22

Question

So i bought this game about a week ago played it has fun downloaded a few simple steam workshop mods had fun died. I decided to try and play with a user made map. errors. I tried to start a file with just the map mod enabled. errors. tried a different mod. errors. every map mod that added a new world just flat out would not work. I sent my error logs to a more savvy player and he told me that my game was basically freaking the heck out because it couldn't find the .lua files for spawn points. well those same files that my game could not find where indeed there. Ive tried reinstalling mods then the entire game and im over dramatically sadden that I cant play with any other maps and have no clue what to do. i know im using the experimental build 41 and issues are expected but everyone I've talked to has not run into this problem and I have no idea whats wrong with my copy of the game. attached is my latest bug log

22-02-21_00-24-26_DebugLog.txt

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, LInkthekid22 said:

thanks the work around works but I hope this bug can be fixed in the future. But I need to ask if anyone has reported this problem or im the first.?

You are the third person I have ever heard this happen to these two weeks, so its being looked into. For now we have no clue as to why the mods are looking in the wrong files as in the testing it works just fine.

It seems like the map mods are trying to look for the spawnpoint files in the wrong path. Try unsubscribing from the mods and then restarting steam + subscribing to them again so the mods will get redownloaded. Or maybe disabling / enabling them again to reload the lua so as to check for the files
Lastly, the fix that would work is just copying the files from the mod folder to the Project Zomboid/media/maps folders, and create the correct path for each of the spawnpoints, though this is a workaround and doesnt fix the underlying issue really.
Also just to mention, the mods do work and do load in your game, the only thing that doesnt work is the spawnpoint selection. Meaning you still have the maps in your game and can go explore them and everything, you just cannot directly spawn in any of them since the spawnpoints havent loaded.

Archived