The mor or less mandatorly tv and read books start up time!

Masmassu

As the game is to day you are bound to the TV  3 times/ day and read as mutch as poseble during that time and that is quite a clunky grinding at the start up. And most of us have some saved favorit caracter anyway so maybe make that TV time more as an tutorial and when the TV time is over you get an option to save and then go out in the real game and start play 4 real. And then when you restat you can start from that moment.

Or any other way to not be chained to the TV adiction.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 2:19 PM, Faalagorn said:

There's a mod that adds VCR tapes with the shows, so you don't have to watch them on time, you can keep them for later. Something similar might also be planned for game when the electrical rework comes.

This is actually a pretty fantastic idea, actually. I know this is far from reality with how electronics currently function, but it reminds me of blank VCR tapes in Hydrocraft and how, in my mind, you could use those to catch and record certain shows without necessarily having to be home.

Beyond that, you aren't really stuck watching television to grind your stats. As it is, sure, TV shows give a huge bonus—maybe a bit too big, but that's not an absolute requirement, whatsoever. If you read books and are active in-game, you'll still improve over time.

6 hours ago, Fuzzy Wolfy said:

Beyond that, you aren't really stuck watching television to grind your stats. As it is, sure, TV shows give a huge bonus—maybe a bit too big, but that's not an absolute requirement, whatsoever.

I agree, as much as I like TVs giving bonus, I think it should be balanced eventually. There are more crafting skills than Carpentry and Cooking and even the survival skills only have few shows in comparison and the only TV station giving bonuses is Life and Living and no radio bonuses whatsoever sadly, especially later down the apocalypse.