DEVS: Please push update notes to Steam! As it is now, on Steam, it looks like the "devs abandoned the game in June of 2019"!

Kauffy

I agree that the game looks really dead and old on steam. I definitely think they should be updating there once in a while, even with mentions of the 41 test branch, anything really. The main reason I bought the game when I did was because I saw a youtuber playing - and I got worried when I saw the game on steam so I held off... until I started googling a month later and saw that the game was very much still active.

But I would've bought it sooner if there was activity on steam.

14 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Maybe you should push Thursdoids to Steam as well? That would surely make some activity and is what Steam likes as well. :)

We used to, and the feedback we received from doing so led to us not doing so anymore.  

We will keep it limited to maybe monthly reports like last time, along with patchnotes pushed.

14 minutes ago, nasKo said:

We used to, and the feedback we received from doing so led to us not doing so anymore.  

We will keep it limited to maybe monthly reports like last time, along with patchnotes pushed.

Somehow I'm not surprised. The comments from steam can often be really toxic. I don't blame you for keeping it more low-key. A monthly update would most likely bring more attention to the game though :)

1 hour ago, nasKo said:

I don't remember when that would've been-- but this game has been in the works for a long time, so it could be that things have changed a bit (both with Steam, and with player culture). After all, I don't feel like any dev "can" spam me, unless I'm actually looking at their game's page in my Library.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:09 PM, Kauffy said:

I don't remember when that would've been

We switched from weekly reposts to monthly roundup blogs specifically for Steam in Feb 2019 and around June that year decided to just update the latest post for a while instead, until B41 arrives on the public beta. 
After that, we only posted the "IWBUMS released" news.

There's many ways to browse news and many people use the Activity tab on Steam. People who have the game on their follow list also get a desktop notification when news were posted.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:09 PM, nasKo said:

Steam can be a very special place with many people thinking in special ways. Looking at the forum, your moderator staff are handling stuff very good and sometimes entertaining. So who the fork cares about negative feedback from steam? Don't move back because of such people.

1 hour ago, nasKo said:

There's many ways to browse news and many people use the Activity tab on Steam. People who have the game on their follow list also get a desktop notification when news were posted.

Problem is, people don't want to do research. They want it the easy way. That's why you still got newcommers asking about why this game seems dead in steam forums every now and then. I can only advise you to use what you've been given via steam. Extend your reach, keep it up to date, get new players that way.

46 minutes ago, -MaVerick- said:

Problem is, people don't want to do research. They want it the easy way. That's why you still got newcommers asking about why this game seems dead in steam forums every now and then. I can only advise you to use what you've been given via steam. Extend your reach, keep it up to date, get new players that way.

There’s been no negative impact, probably because there’s always people who only do most convenient thing and no more and that most people buying a game don’t actually research it in any way. It’s no different than failing to read pins on a forum before posting — it’s just too easy to post instead.

The second guessing is therefore rather pointless. Just because someone has an issue doesn’t mean it has to be solved, in general. Trying to do so just lead’s to chasing one’s tail.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

There’s been no negative impact, probably because there’s always people who only do most convenient thing and no more and that most people buying a game don’t actually research it in any way. It’s no different than failing to read pins on a forum before posting — it’s just too easy to post instead.

The second guessing is therefore rather pointless. Just because someone has an issue doesn’t mean it has to be solved, in general. Trying to do so just lead’s to chasing one’s tail.

If you say so. You most likely got insight on data, I don't. But still I couldn't wrap my head around the fact why someone wouldn't use the things available when communicating. BI Studios made several weird decisions over the course of DayZ EA, like letting their forum folks rot and giving in to the ever screaming twitter croud. Just to name another example from personal experience. You have the option, you even used it in the past.

Again, I'm not saying you are wrong. You will have your reasons. It's just a bit weird from my perspective.

As someone who's been around the PZ Steam forums before, I honestly think it ain't worth it.

The Steam Discussion has become what can be best described as a "Sprawl for the Banned"; every time someone comes here screaming "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! NPCS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! MULTIPLAYER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! GIMME GIMME FULL GAEM NAO!!! I PAID U MONEIS!!" and it gets banned from this forum, they go to Steam Forums with a "Oh! The PZ Devs are evil fascists! I was just asking questions and they banned me for not agreeing with them. Don't go there, and don't play this game. The Devs have turned it into a cult, and only those who praise everything they do and don't point out their bad decisions get to stay." sob story, often including edited screencaps of their posts to make them look innocent.

This is pretty much the same for every game that's been long in Early Access, even big name titles like Hades and Factorio got that kind of people whenever the devs banned someone from their own forums; I'm sure that's what nasKo meant by "The feedback wasn't worth it.", and I honestly can see why.

So I say, let them be. Just release big updates once there's plenty of stuff that can bedazzle them into not saying anything.