Title screen refuses to load

Celloblack

Question

I've recently bought the game and was playing with multiplayer, then after trying out version 41 I tried switching back to version 40, but now the titlescreen refuses to load more than just the background for version 40. Version 41 loads just fine. I've attempted uninstalling/reinstalling by steam, but that hasn't done anything.

intel core i5-6500 3.20 GHz

16 GB RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

console.txt

4 answers to this question

It seems I have found a solution to my problem, though I am still unsure what caused it. Apparently uninstalling from steam doesn't fully uninstall everything.

Going into /%username%/Zomboid and deleting everything and that folder allowed me to have a true fresh install, which let me play Build 40 again. Hopefully anyone else that has this problem in the future sees this and, if a proper solution isn't found, tries this.

2 hours ago, Celloblack said:

I've recently bought the game and was playing with multiplayer, then after trying out version 41 I tried switching back to version 40, but now the titlescreen refuses to load more than just the background for version 40. Version 41 loads just fine. I've attempted uninstalling/reinstalling by steam, but that hasn't done anything.

intel core i5-6500 3.20 GHz

16 GB RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

console.txt 70.15 kB · 0 downloads

Perhaps you're still subscribed to Build 41 mods?

Archived