An idea for a Build 41 public release

DeathByPie

Hi, first off I just want to say that I’m coming from a place of patience and understanding with the long road to build 41. As it stands the singleplayer experience with build 41 is incredibly compelling and has exceeded my expectations in the fullness of your simulation. Kudos, guys. Truly.

So I had a simple idea for a potential early build 41 public multiplayer test- and before I describe it, please know that I understand how badly you guys want to share this experience with us and the anticipation goes both ways, and obviously that there are facts I truly don’t understand, so anyway, my question:

if large server pools are a stabilization issue, why not drop an unstable 2-4 player multiplayer pub test. I know many out there play in large servers, yet for the most part with friends and family, would a smaller release be a more stable experience and take the tension out of the equation a little?

thanks for reading

- a happy and patient customer 

Likewise, I totally understand and respect the Dev team's wishes with wanting to iron out the new build and make it as smooth of an experience as possible before releasing it out into the wild. Quite frankly, I wish more indie game development teams had that mindset, and I'd never trade that for the world when it comes to Zomboid.

That said, I agree and think something akin to a limited or closed beta might not only be fun, but also potentially really helpful, depending on how the Dev team feel about semi-public beta testing. I already work in game development and QA testing, and I would absolutely not mind if people like myself, or others, were allowed to help with independent network testing or general adhoc bug reporting.

Whatever the case, I'm positive the Dev team will be successful, regardless of what they choose to do.

Archived