Infected body part with exercise fatigue, no wound.

orikamii

My character has had a previous Lower Torso wound that got infected, but it has since healed (many in-game days ago). No problem here. I noticed, however that when I got exercise fatigued from working out, the "infected" text showed up again on my Lower Torso. Since my character has no Lower Torso wound, I can't interact with this "infection" to heal it. Good news is that once the exercise fatigue went away, so did this infection.

Pretty sure it's a visual bug. I have a strong suspicion its because my previous wound got healed while it was infected but it's tough to say.
My character has the "slow healer" trait as well if that helps.

20210213115228_1.jpg

20210213115619_1.jpg

Wanted to add that this happens 100% of the time when my character exercises. I think it's actually a bit funny, it's like a permanent infection that only acts up after my character exercises lol. I can provide additional details to help with troubleshooting as well.

Could you give some more info on this please? (can't reproduce it at all :( ) What type of wound was this (scratch, laceration, bite)? What type of infection was this (scratch from broken glass or zed)? Haw did you take care of the wound (disinfect or not, what bandage)? Any mods? Any game settings changed?

It's been quite a few days but if I remember correctly, it was a laceration from a zombie to the lower torso that I did not disinfect (it did get infected but my character never got sick from it) and just wrapped in clean ripped sheets until it healed on its own. I'm using sandbox settings (attached the bin file for the specific sandbox settings here).

Her traits include (Unemployed): Thin-skinned, Slow Healer, Unlucky, Weak Stomach, Dexterous, Brave, First Aider, Gardener, Light Eater, Sewer, Fast Learner, Former Scout, Hiker, Keen Hearing, Organized.

I believe she had some out of shape/weak/underweight traits to balance out the positive ones.

I do have mods enabled, mostly mods that affect the item loot tables and the west point expansion mods. afaik nothing that affects the fitness or health.
I'm really curious about this one too, I want to see if I can replicate it as well now with only like a god mod so I don't immediately die before I can test it lol.

map_sand.bin

Edited by orikamii

• 6 months later...

So I actually was able to replicate this several times across different game files. Here are the steps:

1. Get a non-zombification scratch to any body part.
2. Don't take care of it, let it get infected.
3. Once infected, just wrap it and go about your day.

4. Once the scratch has healed on its own, which it does, oddly enough, do a lot of exercise that targets that same body part.
5. Wait until exercise fatigue kicks in and check the health panel, you'll see the infection status show up.

This bug exists in the latest release 41.54

Edited by orikamii