Zombies are not dangerous enough. They need to stop you from WASD deny them there attacks. It's silly.

Turbo50

Hi, I was testing out what Zombie toughness I was going to set in my next sandbox game. (they are to easy to kill I think)

Well I relisted something I have heard that 41 supposedly had put a end to. And that is the axe murder train of pre 41. Or rather how you was able to mow down easily groups of Zambies hazel free. EAzy.  And I know a few updates ago stuff was added to address it even future. But your still safe around the Z's. That is just not right!

This is Apocalypse mode in version 41.50.1 GoG. Only cheating in items for demonstration. Have done a better job at killing Z's back peddling like this. More trying to show how close I dare to get to the Zombies. Any closer and I risk getting taken down and killed. But just look at how safe you are :c

I want to fear the Z! Not Cuddle with them. I mean the Z look more like they have found a celebrity but are polite enough to not actually interfere physically. I mean this is something game braking compared to car barricades. The Z even in a group HAS to stop and then attack. They can not do anything unless first stopping. And due to that you just walk away from any attack.

I have cheated some bite's I have gotten from fighting in doors. You know the Z's biting standing on the other side of a door,  should be blocked by the door frame or at least not bite you from a other room.  (simply just not a fair bite)  So I have to be fearful of fighting in doors. I mean there are limitations to the 2.5D style. But that is some final fixing and tuning. Why I got a cheat menu ready.

But this is somehow not a instant death? What? The character here has no skills or perks. And is wearing long hair and long skirt. The Z in a group like this should be so dangerous that you fear being even a meter away from them.  Since getting even a slight grab on you would mean death. They just pile on and start eating good.

Please give the Z a ability to put a stop to this. Running they will snag you but walking? No. They try and attack but the group is pointless. Your safe. And that cheapens the experience!

It is fine if just "one" Z attacking you must first stop to do a attack attempt. Without that they would be to dangerous and keyboards would be flying. But a group big enough to do a "pull down" should also be able to trip you up getting to close to them.  You should really have to retreat in a situation like this and fighting being to dangerous unless very trained and athletic or something.

Somewhere so that a big group is to dangerous but a group of 3-5 you can fight back peddling. With the risk of outer Z joining in if not careful and watching what's happening around you. 

I really like close calls but when you actively can "game" the system like this the hole combat system feels to easy and safe. No real danger if you just know how to "game" it. I mean sure with multiplayer server this might not work due to lag or something. But just the fact it works SP is bad enough.  It should be stuff like this that makes you have to run and jog. Having to exhaust yourself to avoid being killed by the group on your tail. Right now it is so dam safe to lure a big hoard around on foot. You can do it for a hole day and never fear anything. Just walking and NEVER stop walking. They can do nothing about it. They even lose track of you due to the skilled moves here XD

Please make our lives difficult :)  I want to fear them, not game the Zombies like sheep's. 

Edited by Turbo50
English is stupid

Like ones you stop running or even jogging the game becomes easy enough as it is. And by the looks of things there is not even a reason to jog when they get close to you as seen from my example here. Round them up where you like them and then make a sprint from them. Since you can group them so easily with the tight turns they never will be a treat unless FPS tank. Before I had to make such wire turns that they where a problem and had to sprint and get tired. But no more! Just walk calmly and smell the roses!

I never let the Z get this close before. Since I was sure that was a pure death scenario. But as I was mowing down Z's with the double barrel I ended up feeling my way closer and closer to them. Then now with this "test dummy" save the fear was gone and I tried how close you can go. And it is simply just broken without some kind of group mechanic that randomly triggers you to slow down and they get a chance to attack you. The Z's closes to you block the others to do anything. And as the first line Z's lunch forward and then stop you are never in a spot of danger. Even now the Z's should be overwhelming you and not fail to grab you and block up the rest.

Scratches are a bare minimum from being this close to them. Or something terrifying close call thing where you might be dragged down or just about getting away from being killed! Like the character being stunned and then automatically starts running to save themselves. 

Now that's a close call! That is what it should feel like being attacked by a group of Z! Not whatever this is :c

If you keep moving in any direction but towards them your safe Ofc. So yea you have to actively avoid them. If you stop your dead. If slowed down by weight or exertion you are also easier to be killed. But that should be a TOTAL death scenario if affected by something slowing you down and being weaker towards the Z pulling you down to eat.  And without anything working agents you it should be a dangerous act to get even half as close as this. Not a cake walk as it is now. (literally) 

Edited by Turbo50
English is stupid

Could you do what you did in the video, but with your foot cut by a lodged glass, or relatively tired with a sedentary character? in a save that looks incredibly promising?
For me, what makes the game scary are those moments, not zombies that are naturally slower than a human being who is well rested, fed and healthy.

Why don't you try playing in sandbox mode, with the zombies that are runners? I am very afraid of them ... 

On 2/13/2021 at 6:12 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

We’re aware there’s an issue with zombies not always grabbing when they should, since the slow field was removed. It’ll be looked at soon-ish.

Oh? So it actually is not a feature but a lack of one? ;) Jokes aside I was confused how I was getting stomped on by the Z just a few months ago.  And now I was making fun of them. Then everything is fine! Going to look for a patch note and see if that ruin my gamer skills.

Slow field was removed? Whatever makes it work I guess? As long as it is fair but brutal. 

On 2/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, O Orelhão Sol said:

Why don't you try playing in sandbox mode, with the zombies that are runners? I am very afraid of them ... 

Yes. First time I saw them in a 41 branch update video it's been a haunting nightmare to think of them. No way I will spook myself with sprinters Z's.

I just think life would be to short having to deal with sprinters. Like I sometimes mess up and almost get bitten by the ninja Z's. My reflexes would not be enough to save me from sprinters :c

On 2/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, O Orelhão Sol said:

Could you do what you did in the video, but with your foot cut by a lodged glass, or relatively tired with a sedentary character? in a save that looks incredibly promising?
For me, what makes the game scary are those moments, not zombies that are naturally slower than a human being who is well rested, fed and healthy.

I did a try with a glass shard and tired/hungry. I was still faster then the Z. But just barely. And really even then I was able to juke them. They just do not seem to work well grouped closely together. A lone Z got me in the end. Somehow biting me a tile away :/  Still able to get away from what should be death and no return. And I was actively trying to get killed mind you. Going around in circles. 

But the obese one I ran before that tired/hungry/injured just died XD Might have been just a tad to slow. Was still able to jog so if not trying to die I was able to get away. 

Really the player need to be faster then the Z. They should be outnumbering you and by that way get you. Sprinter/Runners are hell :) 

The close calls I have had when a house alarm or a car attracted the attention of me. When you merely have to dodge them to not get cornered. No way to fight it. Just GTFO. That is the scary and enjoyable gameplay. Why I have Z's being able to trigger house alarms. And 2.5X the car noise multiplier. (but descent car conditions) 

Hi!

Keep in mind that you adapted to the game's mechanics. New players or some with little experience would still be scared to risk their life like that, on their begin of pz journey they still gonna get grabbed, over time they also will adapt and manage to walk next to and past them. It is hard to balance the zombies for the devs to make them managable and hard at the same time, what I think is that if you feel too easy you should increase the speed of zombies and general difficulty. Or take the more traits mod and start injured with a broken leg and not be able to sneak or sprint, that is actually harder start because the zombies will be equally fast as you while close shambling.

Regards,

Maxwell

I will say, this is looking at a very narrow bit of experience and not taking into account other things that'd go into it. Consider for a moment that, yes, while you can keep ahead of the Zeds, they'll most likely not give up the chase on you and losing them can become pretty challenging, especially if you're not able to fight them off (Exerted, exhausted, etc). On top of that, I noticed you aren't playing with Sprinters or Fast Shamblers which, understandably, changes the dynamic pretty heavily since they can very easily catch up to you.

That isn't to say your criticism isn't valid, but I've often run into similar, if not identical, situations where my character gets caught with their pants down, either being exhausted or wounded, and has to basically power-walk for their life with a horde breathing down their neck. Trust me, when you've got a lot to lose and no easy way to recover from a situation like that, you'll feel pretty scared.

I can't imagine what it'll feel like once grabbing is reimplemented, let alone once passing out from exhaustion becomes a thing.