Extra Weapons Mod

tommysticks

HI Tommy Thanks for answering I've been away for a few days and just now read your post.  I am running several other Mods namely the Building mod and the the dried fruits and veggies.  It's frustrating collecting up the weapons and then have them all go broken the ones in my inventory and everyone of them I find after.  I'm on steam and running build 27.

Cheers

Update posted!

I FINALLY kind of understand lua in the most basic sense. A lot of it still looks like gibberish to me, but I may yet get the hang of it.

I have a working distro script that I will be able to tweak much more than before. Currently all items in the mod have the old spawn rate, but now I can mess around with it.

RoboMat knows his shit. With the advice he has given me I am going to attempt to incorporate a better spawn system.

My idea is that whatever weapon you have equipped in the primary, you will have a better chance of finding ammo for it (still a low one) and all other ammo will have a much lower spawn chance.

Also, I want like items to have a better chance of spawning together i.e.: if you find a 1911 on a corpse, there's a better chance of finding .45 ammo on it and a much lower chance of finding any other guns or ammo on it.

Feedback would be appreciated.

HI Tommy Thanks for answering I've been away for a few days and just now read your post.  I am running several other Mods namely the Building mod and the the dried fruits and veggies.  It's frustrating collecting up the weapons and then have them all go broken the ones in my inventory and everyone of them I find after.  I'm on steam and running build 27.

Cheers

I don't know why the weapons would be doing this. By broken, do you mean the quality goes down? Or what happens?

I just posted an update, so my recommendation would be to make sure the mod is updated and try running it without the others running.

Hi Tommy,

By broken I mean their Icons have a red X and the item identifies as broken I'll disable the other Mods and download your latest version and see how that works.  Once again thanks for responding to my dilemma.

Cheers!

Hi Tommy,

Well I removed every mod from the folder and placed your latest version and started a new sandbox game looted an AR and a Survival Axe used them a couple of times logged out came back in and boom both broken I'm totally at a loss now

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Tommy,

How do I change a chance to drop weapons?

I can not find any weapons on the map.

Have you checked to see if they're in game at all? At the moment I'm playing a character with the lucky trait and loot spawns set to "normal" instead of "rare". Checking zombies corpses (I think I've killed like 700) the mod's ammo is common, with longbows, Ruger .22s, Crossbows, Hunting Slings, Survival Axes and the various backpacks being found often. Saying that I've searched half of West Point (ie the commercial area, not the residential bit and including the police station and ammo shop) and found a single AK-47 (in a construction crate no less). It would seem that the better weapons that this mod offers (ie not bows, small calibur pistols or melee weapons) are extremely rare even when playing on a character with above the average loot spawns. I suppose though that one should be finding hunting shotguns and carry pistols more often than assault rifles though, and it did feel great finally finding an AK (even better when the ammo appears). I concur that it would be nice to know if there was a way to edit the spawn values though.

Following my previous post,if you open the GunDistributions.lua file found withinZomboid/mods/TommyGuns/media/lua/server/items you'll see a list of the various spawn locations and chances for certain items to spawn there. Checking through that though shows that there's a pretty small chance of a ctually finding anything. The better guns appear in crates, lockers and wardrobes , but very rarely (to put it in perspective a Ruger has a chance value of 3 to be found in your average desk and only have a Colt .45 to contend with. An assault rifle has a 0.1 chance, which means you could search hundreds of crates but find nothing). You could easily change those spawn values to be something higher if you wanted, or just use the embedded spawn script mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So when I have the mod activated, my inventory gets all messed up.  As in, I can no longer remove the last item from my inventory or from a bookshelf/etc.

Ex: there are 10 sheets in my inventory, I can only drop or transfer 9.

When I remove the mod (not uninstall, just not select), the problem disappears.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while. Get busy from time to time, but I intend on updating this.

I am having some problems though, so I have kind of a weird request. Is there someone who can download my mod and e-mail it to me?

I am on a different computer and don't have my original mod and am in a place that has pretty bad internet. The download link won't respond for me at all on PZ-mods.net, TIS won't even load completely.

If someone wouldn't mind emailing it to me please PM me. Thanks.

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while. Get busy from time to time, but I intend on updating this. I am having some problems though, so I have kind of a weird request. Is there someone who can download my mod and e-mail it to me? I am on a different computer and don't have my original mod and am in a place that has pretty bad internet. The download link won't respond for me at all on PZ-mods.net, TIS won't even load completely. If someone wouldn't mind emailing it to me please PM me. Thanks.

matter has been handled...nothing to see here

Alright, finally got an update up.

Had to rework a whole bunch of shit, sorry for the delay. Here's the changelog directly from pz-mods.net:

02 Dec 14
After a few months with no update, this is an update to make the mod work with the latest build.
Because of some changes to the game files, I had to do quite a bit of work to bring this up to speed and had to leave out some of the old features - weapon attachments and weapons cleaning. I've also intentionally left out some weapons.
I still am checking out what I can do with the latest update and plan to re-impliment the features that I had to leave out.
I've also been studying a programming language (not lua) and understand it better. The spawn rate for weapons should now be a bit lower, but I still plan on changing the spawn system completely.
For now I've just added a few lines in the ISReloadUtil.lua which may f*** up other mods if they augment the same file. I know this is sloppy, but I hardly know what I'm doing.
The next update might be in a couple of weeks, sooner if I realize something is f***** up with this one.

Any plans on more attachments? Like grips, extended mags, slings, etc.

I will surely look into it, now that they have implemented attachments in-game.

Side note - I am aware that there is something wrong with my latest update for the mod, but I am very busy this week and will not be able to work on it until early next week.

Sorry.

Tested it on SP and MP.

Guns aren't working as they should, the bow just fires like a rifle making the animation and vanilla sound not the one assigned on the sound folder, and not a single one of the guns consumes their ammo.

Melee weapons are working really fine but the distrib lua are making them really common so we can't find vanilla axes to chop or crowbars but we have tons of machetes and katanas O.o

So to sum up, we've found all items, playing on MP for hours aaaand we can't make them work properly, mod has been installed in the C:/USER folder, everything seems to be fine and by the book but when the game starts nothing works as it should.

We're on Build 29 Steam