Extra Weapons Mod

tommysticks

Ok, for all those that are having issues with the icons not showing up in-game for this mod, i have worked out a fix for this, although the weapons are still invisible when aiming. not sure if that can be fix as of yet tho.  im running this on a mac with the latest Pz build (build 21) should work for pc also. sorry if it's a long post but i decided to post this since people were having the same issue, So Here's the fix: 

Go into Tommyguns>media>textures  And copy all the sprite files from there, an paste them into The Tommyguns folder (the folder that contains Media, mod.info, poster.png) etc. 

Then go into Tommyguns>Media>Scripts and open up the Tommyguns items txt file. in there, scroll down and look for every (icon =) and for everyone you see make sure you put .png just after the weapon or Ammo name  (Example Below)

item survivalAxe		{				DisplayName		=	Survival Axe,		Type			=	Weapon,		SubCategory		=	Swinging,		Categories			=	Axe,		WeaponSprite		=	Fireaxe,		SwingAnim			=	Bat,		RunAnim			=	Run_Weapon2,		IdleAnim			=	Idle_Weapon2,Here	----->	Icon			=	Survival_Axe.png,   <-- add .png after weapon name		Weight			=	1.5,		WeaponWeight		=	1.5,		MaxRange			=	1.25,		MinRange			=	0.61,

Once you've gone through the whole script an done that, onto the last step. 

Go into Tommyguns>Media>lua>... till you come across a folder called "reloading". within that folder should be a file called Weapon Spawn.lua  Edit that file.

You should see a bunch of txt that looks like this..

getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.BoxMRE');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.BoxNail');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.BoxPlank');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Box45');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Box22');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Box556');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Box762');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.MultiTool');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.survivalAxe');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.machete');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.combatKnife');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.samuraiSword');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Gameboy');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Gunoil');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Cleankit');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.M107');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.AR15');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Colt45');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.38Spec');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.MP5');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.SlingShot');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.ruger22');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Rem700');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.AK47');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.bow0');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.bow1');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Taclight');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Taclight');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.ARSupp');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.MP5Supp');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.50');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.BBs');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.300');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.38');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Arrows');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.Bolts');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.556');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.762');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.45');getPlayer():getInventory():AddItem('tommyguns.22');

Simply change all those in each section to this...

getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.BoxMRE');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.BoxNail');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.BoxPlank');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Box45');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Box22');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Box556');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Box762');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.MultiTool');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.survivalAxe');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.machete');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.combatKnife');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.samuraiSword');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Gameboy');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Gunoil');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Cleankit');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.M107');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.AR15');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Colt45');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.38Spec');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.MP5');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.SlingShot');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.ruger22');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Rem700');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.AK47');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.bow0');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.bow1');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Taclight');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Taclight');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.ARSupp');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.MP5Supp');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.50');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.BBs');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.300');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.38');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Arrows');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.Bolts');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.556');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.762');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.45');getSpecificPlayer(0):getInventory():AddItem('Base.22');

Whether or not all this had to be done for it to work properly it did for me in the end, Hopefully this should fix the icons in game for anyone else, i have done this with the lockpicking mod also since the bobby pins icon's weren't showing up for me.  again sorry for the long post, as it is my first. in future i shall keep it short an simple as possible  :)

Whoa!!!! Despite all the steps "which had great instructions" it actually fixed the issue with me not being able to see the icons on mac.  Awesome, this is great until I finish building a gaming PC to which I shouldn't have these compatibility issues that Macs always have.  Great Job HeadShot.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to make arrows, and if so then how? I'm sorry but I read almost every post here and on the mod page but don't see it. And I already said it on pz-mods.net but here's it again: Attaching silencers and taclight on weapons removes all bullets from that weapon ( you lose them, they don't go to your inventory ) and it can cost you your life. Weapon's durability doesn't do down and for some reason I have the same effect like some others above this post: Zombies come at me from far away, even when I'm using silenced weapons and sneaking. For some reason it's like they know I'm there and they go straight for me - this doesn't happen always but it is present. Maybe using weapons or reloading triggers some silent alarm that zombies can hear? ( I never used cheats to get weapons ).

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the mod but I have a few problems:

(This is playing in survival)

1: Too many guns, not enough ammo - The house I started in had an M82 on the bookshelf and a Remington 700 in a dresser. The next house I went in had an M1911 and another Remington 700. The only ammo I found was standard 9mm and some BBs

2: No in-world sprites, this is pretty self explanatory and if it's doable with MS paint I'd give it a go

3: Spawning/cheating doesn't work. I try the hotkeys but it doesn't work, nor is there a Cheater class available.

I'm running on the latest Steam version

I really like the mod but I have a few problems:

(This is playing in survival)

1: Too many guns, not enough ammo - The house I started in had an M82 on the bookshelf and a Remington 700 in a dresser. The next house I went in had an M1911 and another Remington 700. The only ammo I found was standard 9mm and some BBs

2: No in-world sprites, this is pretty self explanatory and if it's doable with MS paint I'd give it a go

3: Spawning/cheating doesn't work. I try the hotkeys but it doesn't work, nor is there a Cheater class available.

I'm running on the latest Steam version

1: The spawn rate's on the lowest at the moment, it can't go any lower

2: How do you mean? Just the items? These should work for everybody, are you on a mac?

3: For me it did always work, u sure you're doing it right?

I was under the impression that he meant the sprites only exist in your inventory. When you hold the weapons they use vanilla weapon images.

Yeah, you can't make in-world sprites yet, IIRC.

Like I checked you can't change in-world sprites yet.

What I said ;)

Ah, fair enough, that's a pity.

As for the cheating, I don't know why it doesn't work. I installed it all in the right place and stuff, all the items are in the game but I can't spawn any. Could it have something to do with compatibility mode?

Anyway, I've got a problem now. I disabled the mod in the main menu, went and started a new game. However, all the mod's items were still in game. Now, when I try to load the save, regardless of whether the mod is "Activated" or not, it crashes during load with a blank error box with the title "tommyguns.BB".  

Yes, you can't simply turn off a mod which spawned items into your world. Simply because the items are there, and when you start the game it will look for them but the mod's gone, so yeah.. I advise you to keep the mod but to delete the distribution file so there won't spawn any more of them.

About the cheating, I've got no idea tbh. You could maybe try it without compatibility mode (on a new save?) to see if it's because of that?

It shouldn't spawn them in a new game if you disable the mod. I think what elvendertig meant is that, in your existing game, you can't just disable a mod and hope your existing save game would work, because those items exist in your world. But in a new game they won't show up if you disable the mod.

That's exactly what I meant, thanks for clarifying.

@Morbo, that's strange. Are you sure you restarted the game after disabling the mod?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey tommy! Any plans to add more weapons?

I would like new shotguns like aa12 with 20 clip magazine, Benelli M8 pumpshotgun with 8 shells, M249 or M60 Lmg with 100 round magazines full auto!

This mod will be super awesome when you can add world 3d sprite for all the weapons, currently its only pistol and shotgun that you see the character holding when using one of the new weapons, same with melee.

Hey tommy! Any plans to add more weapons?

I would like new shotguns like aa12 with 20 clip magazine, Benelli M8 pumpshotgun with 8 shells, M249 or M60 Lmg with 100 round magazines full auto!

This mod will be super awesome when you can add world 3d sprite for all the weapons, currently its only pistol and shotgun that you see the character holding when using one of the new weapons, same with melee.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but i don't think a rural countryside would be able to get a weapon that (if im correct) is illegal in the US unless it is ILLEGALLY exported to the US(AA12). But the other 3 would make sense, though i suggest that the M60 is a rare find. :)