Extra Weapons Mod

tommysticks

Quick update!

L+F8 Spawns Melee Weapons

K+F8 Spawns Guns

J+F8 Spawns Ammo

Gameboy now reduces boredome

There is a disabled script that when enabled allows for spawning next to the police station or the warehouse, but you have to figure out how to use it!

I will try completely uninstalling EVERYTHING to do with PZ tomorrow after work, and completely reinstall with a fresh download of PZ and the mod. I will inform you of the results.  ;)

Hope it works! It is pretty frustrating when this shit doesn't work.

Updated posted!

Gun oil and Cleaning kit now clean all custom guns.

I tried it, still the same issues. Completed sterilized my computer of PZ. Fresh install, fresh download of the mod.

Oh well.

Hopefully its just because its a Mac, and it will work on my PC.

Have you tried it on PC yet?

i don't know what the problem is(perhaps me taking the lucky trait) but i seem to find new items in half of the container  I search, including Zombies. I think there might be a bug with the distribution file(or the lucky perk is overpowered). In 10 minutes in my last survival game, I already have 3 Ak, 2mp5, 1 remington, 2 cases of MRE,1 .22 pistol, ammo for all of those guns and other, and finally an ar-15.

i don't know what the problem is(perhaps me taking the lucky trait) but i seem to find new items in half of the container  I search, including Zombies. I think there might be a bug with the distribution file(or the lucky perk is overpowered). In 10 minutes in my last survival game, I already have 3 Ak, 2mp5, 1 remington, 2 cases of MRE,1 .22 pistol, ammo for all of those guns and other, and finally an ar-15.

It's pretty difficult trying to find a good balance with these weapons. I keep testing and keep lowering the chances, but I think you might be right about a bug in the distro system. It seems no matter how low I make it it stays about the same.

I've installed the mod, everything put properly. Showed up in Mod Loader, activated, restarted - the standard procedure.

Even with loot on Abundant I have yet to find at least one piece of your mod - and the L+F8 doesn't work. When I press it, the only thing I get is a random alarm sound.

Help, please.

Hey Tommy! Cheers for a great mod! The only thing is, think the no icon thing is mac related as I'm having the same issue on mine... What could it be?? And Agent Hawk, hard boot isn't always required even in full screen, try hitting Alt-Cmd-Esc a few times and it normally shuts down the process. 

Hey Tommy! Cheers for a great mod! The only thing is, think the no icon thing is mac related as I'm having the same issue on mine... What could it be?? And Agent Hawk, hard boot isn't always required even in full screen, try hitting Alt-Cmd-Esc a few times and it normally shuts down the process. 

I think I may have a solution, I will post it tonight.

I've installed the mod, everything put properly. Showed up in Mod Loader, activated, restarted - the standard procedure.

Even with loot on Abundant I have yet to find at least one piece of your mod - and the L+F8 doesn't work. When I press it, the only thing I get is a random alarm sound.

Help, please.

First off, the alarm sound was implemented to discourage use of the weapon spawner. It sounds like the tommygunsItem.lua file was not installed correctly. I will try to troubleshoot this tonight. Sorry, I have no time right now.

Update Posted!

I believe I figured out what was wrong with the icons. Please re-download and let me know if it has been fixed.

Help, please.

L+F8 is meant for testing. If it played the alarm sound but did not spawn the weapons I believe you have the folders where they need to be, but I can't think of why that would happen. If everything was working correctly the weapons would spawn with the alarm, it is under the same script.

The only reason I could think of for this to happen would be if the TommyGuns Items file was improperly placed. Its file directory should look like this:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\mods\TommyGuns\media\scripts\Tommyguns Items

L+F8 is meant for testing. If it played the alarm sound but did not spawn the weapons I believe you have the folders where they need to be, but I can't think of why that would happen. If everything was working correctly the weapons would spawn with the alarm, it is under the same script.

The only reason I could think of for this to happen would be if the TommyGuns Items file was improperly placed. Its file directory should look like this:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\mods\TommyGuns\media\scripts\Tommyguns Items

That is exactly where the file is.

Yesterday I tried several times and got the spawn command to work - however, I ended up with 110 vanilla pistol rounds, an item labeled "9mm magazine" without an icon, empty fertilizer packs and a strawberry.

Update posted!

Distro script completely redone. I am still in the process of adjusting it so please bear with me.

As far as I can tell the loot rarity setting does nothing, at least not to modded items. I just spent the last 3 hours editing my distro script and trying different settings.

I will try to help anyone having problems tomorrow!

Nice mod I got working in game but every weapon is full auto.

Is there anything I can tweak to make some semi-auto?

Thank you.

Every weapon reloads and appears in-game fine?

The full auto effect you are talking about is a PZ bug. If you get the vanilla pistol it has the same effect and I have done no modding to the vanilla weapons.

I was concerned with this too and I'm not exactly sure if it is something I can fix with my mods. I don't know enough about it, but I may be able to stumble across an answer, as I do with most of the solutions I have come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say this is a great mod.  Been having lots of fun with the bladed weapons (something missing from the basic release IMO).  Cant wait for the proper 3d skins to arrive, chopping a deadies head off with a pool cue always makes me smile.  

But I have one question....probably just me being a little crazy......but Im playing survival with this mod loaded and nearly every zombie I encounter spots me a mile off and comes running.  Has this mod effected the zombies detection rates?  

Any feedback from others would be appreciated.  Not a complaint, Im enjoying taking on the hoardes regardless, just was curious.

thanks again Tommy Sticks! Looking forward to more of your releases!

Gotta say this is a great mod.  Been having lots of fun with the bladed weapons (something missing from the basic release IMO).  Cant wait for the proper 3d skins to arrive, chopping a deadies head off with a pool cue always makes me smile.  

But I have one question....probably just me being a little crazy......but Im playing survival with this mod loaded and nearly every zombie I encounter spots me a mile off and comes running.  Has this mod effected the zombies detection rates?  

Any feedback from others would be appreciated.  Not a complaint, Im enjoying taking on the hoardes regardless, just was curious.

thanks again Tommy Sticks! Looking forward to more of your releases!

Thanks man! It means a lot to me knowing that people dig my mod.

I don't know why the zeds are able to spot you so far off. I haven't played the game in about 2 weeks due to holiday vacation, maybe it's part of an update? I'm pretty sure my mod does not affect the game in this way.

Heads up to everyone who uses my mod, I don't think the taclight works while mounted with the latest build.

so is this mod, like ready for use, or should i wait for a new update?

I think it's ready for use, everything seems to work great over here. Gj Tommyguns!

@Tommysticks I've got some suggestions as I don't think everything is realistic enough. I've changed some things in the script like weapon stats, the lumber pallet (good idea but who can put 25 planks in his inventory? And a weight of 3 is of course way too less, I made 9:9 out of it), I've added screwdriver to the multi-tool, which you can also use to craft arrows/bolts for your crossbow and longbow. Changed the MREpacks to 6 from 12 as they're not super hard to find and otherwise you'll have too much food. Realisticly not everyone has these huge MREpacks.. And some other stuff.

I really love the mod and appreciate the time you've put into this, just my two cents :)

And a question too; which Ruger are you comparing the one in your mod with?

Thanks!

DAYUUMMM Mr. Tommysticks this mod has turned out to be my favorite mod of all time!! Really aprecciate all the time and effort you've put into it, it turned out great!! making a lot of use of the mighty and quiet crossbow and the mp5 with silencer which btw both just sound awesome thanks again for making this great game even better with this mod since I a fan of nice weaponry, just found the distro pretty unbalanced still you probably already know that... :ph34r:

so is this mod, like ready for use, or should i wait for a new update?

I think it's ready for use, everything seems to work great over here. Gj Tommyguns!

@Tommysticks I've got some suggestions as I don't think everything is realistic enough. I've changed some things in the script like weapon stats, the lumber pallet (good idea but who can put 25 planks in his inventory? And a weight of 3 is of course way too less, I made 9:9 out of it), I've added screwdriver to the multi-tool, which you can also use to craft arrows/bolts for your crossbow and longbow. Changed the MREpacks to 6 from 12 as they're not super hard to find and otherwise you'll have too much food. Realisticly not everyone has these huge MREpacks.. And some other stuff.

I really love the mod and appreciate the time you've put into this, just my two cents :)

And a question too; which Ruger are you comparing the one in your mod with?

Thanks!

Yo man! could you post here what changes you made I actually agreed with you here and am willing to try it out if possible. :ph34r:

Look forward to seeing more in this weapon pack, fantastic work, and I'll drop some guns/weapons in here every so often if I see them fit for it.

Here's a couple that could be put in your mod.

AK-47P (7.62)  - Essentially a polymer variant of the AK-47 model with a rail system designed to hold attachments, I.E. Flashlight.

Glock (9mm/40mm) - Your standard 9mm Glock any gun store would carry for around $300. Police forces carry the .40 S&W round utilizing variant of the Glock.

Beretta 92a1 (9mm) - Standard sidearm of the United States Armed Forces, essentially every branch carries them (Exception being the Marines due to their switch to the 1911)

All three can be fitted with silencers given that their barrel is threaded.

Yo man! could you post here what changes you made I actually agreed with you here and am willing to try it out if possible. :ph34r:

Well, Tommysticks has given no information about what we're allowed to do with the mod (in the OP) so I don't think I can unless he does give permission, so let us just wait and see :)

I believe it is a mac issue, because I also have the same issue with the icons showing up as just question marks.  Even the remington was invisible when I was in attack stance. But I see he walks around with it while I'm forging. Other than that great mod. I like it despite those things. I'm building a gaming PC so hopefully I won't have to worry about apples proprietary frustrations much longer.