Extra Weapons Mod

tommysticks

Looks good! Just wanted to point something out.

if you add

TreeDamage  =   XX,

to the statline for the Survival Axe you can use it to chop down trees by manually attacking them again. Replace XX with whatever damage amount you want (trees seem to have 175 HP, Axe does 35 tree damage = 5 chops) to determine how many chops it would take.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does the mod support multiplayer game?

if yes, any difference when installing the mod?

And does everybody joining my server need to have the mod installed?

If yes, and if they haven't installed the mod, what will happen?

Sorry if the questions may be too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, really enjoying the mod, but I think I found a crash-causing error.  GunDistributions.lua is attempting to add Gunoil as a lootable item on lines 186 and 212, but the item doesn't appear to be defined in any of the item addition files.  Based on your comments in Weapon Spawn.lua, I think the attempt to add Cleankit (lines 187 and 213 in GunDistributions) may cause a similar error.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh shit, didn't know.

I am in the process of moving across the country so I can't take any time right now to update and troubleshoot.

All good man, we're not that deseperate.

Thanks for replying as to what was happening though <3

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shit, didn't know.

I am in the process of moving across the country so I can't take any time right now to update and troubleshoot.

It's been 10 days... 

Are you still planning to update this? Otherwise please give the source files to someone interested in updating your mod.

Oh shit, didn't know.

It's been 10 days... 

Yeah, bro. I can't just drop everything I'm doing to get to this, especially when I need to troubleshoot to get it working again. I moved a house load of shit across the country and started a new job. PZ isn't exactly my number one priority.

But it has been done. Currently I have it updated to IWBUMS, although I don't think a new version has been released since 32.

Keep in mind that if when they release updates that alter ModelManager.class or any file directly related to this or how items are accessed or a number of other things they can do, this will break the mod. This is the burden of modding games in Alpha.

Oh shit, didn't know.

It's been 10 days... 

Yeah, bro. I can't just drop everything I'm doing to get to this, especially when I need to troubleshoot to get it working again. I moved a house load of shit across the country and started a new job. PZ isn't exactly my number one priority.

But it has been done. Currently I have it updated to IWBUMS, although I don't think a new version has been released since 32.

Keep in mind that if when they release updates that alter ModelManager.class or any file directly related to this or how items are accessed or a number of other things they can do, this will break the mod. This is the burden of modding games in Alpha.

Don't let people like this get to you man.

We completely understand there's more important stuff going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey tommysticks, love the concept and the models! This looks outstanding, yet I can't get it to work; even after following your instructions...On an unrelated note, are you active/guard army?  Every time I play through I miss things immersion items like milsurp rucksacks and MRE's; albeit I dreaded both while in. There's nothing like living off poundcake and candy during FTX's because entree' could gag a maggot.

Hey tommysticks, love the concept and the models! This looks outstanding, yet I can't get it to work; even after following your instructions...On an unrelated note, are you active/guard army?  Every time I play through I miss things immersion items like rucksacks and MRE's, albeit I dreaded both while in, living off poundcake and candy during FTX's.

Hmmm... sounds weird. Try installing it without doing anything with the "MOVE THESE FILES" folder. Items should spawn and I always recommend testing the weapon spawn cheat to people who are having problems getting the mod do work. You should start a new game, so you don't fuck up your main, then press K + O and some shit should spawn in your inventory. If you get that far then there may be a problem with the other folder.

How long were you in? Hitting 10 this year.

Hey tommysticks, love the concept and the models! This looks outstanding, yet I can't get it to work; even after following your instructions...On an unrelated note, are you active/guard army?  Every time I play through I miss things immersion items like rucksacks and MRE's, albeit I dreaded both while in, living off poundcake and candy during FTX's.

Hmmm... sounds weird. Try installing it without doing anything with the "MOVE THESE FILES" folder. Items should spawn and I always recommend testing the weapon spawn cheat to people who are having problems getting the mod do work. You should start a new game, so you don't fuck up your main, then press K + O and some shit should spawn in your inventory. If you get that far then there may be a problem with the other folder.

How long were you in? Hitting 10 this year.

I was in for just short of 3 years; did my 19D OSUT with H Trp 1-81 at Harmony church, Ft.Benning.

Hey guys! Im in a bit confused with this mod..Thing is, I cant shoot sling/crossbow, possibly bow too! =(  I load my crossbow just fine, theres bar and sound, and when its loaded, i hit shoot and theres sound of shooting, but ammo stays in the crossbow and it doesnt actually shoot! =( 

As for the sling , I cant get it loaded at all. When i hit shoot, theres sound and again nothing really shoots =( 

Pls tell me what im missing here... Maybe its somehow connected with "hardcore reloading" which i have ON.

And to the creator , a few suggestions : Man i love your mod, BUT the weapons are PRETTY easy to find...I have looted  like 5-7 houses and already have 2 survival axes, 2 crossbows, 2 special 38s, 3 slings, and couple more guns. U gotta make it harder to find, I barely moved my ass 1 block outta my safehouse, and already armed to teeth like  Rambo ^^

Also I have found that survival axe is tied to Blunt Weapons skill, though it should be a bladed weapon thing. Maybe thats also true for other melee weapons, dunno yet.

Hey guys! Im in a bit confused with this mod..Thing is, I cant shoot sling/crossbow, possibly bow too! =(  I load my crossbow just fine, theres bar and sound, and when its loaded, i hit shoot and theres sound of shooting, but ammo stays in the crossbow and it doesnt actually shoot! =( 

As for the sling , I cant get it loaded at all. When i hit shoot, theres sound and again nothing really shoots =( 

Pls tell me what im missing here... Maybe its somehow connected with "hardcore reloading" which i have ON.

And to the creator , a few suggestions : Man i love your mod, BUT the weapons are PRETTY easy to find...I have looted  like 5-7 houses and already have 2 survival axes, 2 crossbows, 2 special 38s, 3 slings, and couple more guns. U gotta make it harder to find, I barely moved my ass 1 block outta my safehouse, and already armed to teeth like  Rambo ^^

Also I have found that survival axe is tied to Blunt Weapons skill, though it should be a bladed weapon thing. Maybe thats also true for other melee weapons, dunno yet.

Thank you for your input. I will look into this.

Tommy, theres couple more problems. I tried shooting Colt, Ruger and both guns hit zeds veeery rare, like 2-3 times out of 30 rounds. And that is mostly only in close proximity. That maybe connected to the aiming skill I dunno but even with Aiming skill 0 it shouldnt be so hard to hit. 

Also, reloading clips for guns doesnt raise Reloading skill, maybe that was intended to be so.

And some (maybe all) clips for guns have 30round capacity, Colt and ruger for example. 

I checked these three weapons out last night and was able to shoot and hit with all of them. It was kind of difficult to actually land a hit, I assume this was because I didn't mess with the setting too much after the shooting update came out (previously every shot landed). I will look into tweaking this.

But if you can't get it to fire at all, it may be a problem with something else. When was the last time you downloaded the mod? If you have an old version it may not work with the current build. Also, what OS are you playing on?

Tommy, theres couple more problems. I tried shooting Colt, Ruger and both guns hit zeds veeery rare, like 2-3 times out of 30 rounds. And that is mostly only in close proximity. That maybe connected to the aiming skill I dunno but even with Aiming skill 0 it shouldnt be so hard to hit. 

Also, reloading clips for guns doesnt raise Reloading skill, maybe that was intended to be so.

And some (maybe all) clips for guns have 30round capacity, Colt and ruger for example. 

I will have to tweak their aim settings. The thing about the 30 round capacity, I actually probably overlooked that.

Thanks again.