Task Focus

Z30

This is end times.

You have to be on your toes. Always. A zombie could be coming for you right this second.

That constant vigilance can make things take a little longer, and we can all understand that. 

But, sometimes, don't you just want to focus on the task at hand.

Single player has time controls that are lacking from multiplayer for obvious reasons, making some multiplayer tasks drag on.

In an attempt to address this I suggest a Focus mechanism that will speed up tasks while reducing sight distance as balance.

When you are performing something in the game, you can choose to focus (press run) and your character will do the task twice as fast, but fog of war will shrink your vision to 30%.

Hyper Focus >> press run a 2nd time to complete task x4 speed but vision is reduced to 5%.

Bonus: Stealth >> press stealth while tasking (or be stealth'd when starting task) to perform task as quiet as possible but take longer

Bonus Bonus: Hyper Stealth >> allow for focus and hyper focus while stealthing a task (i.e. stealth focus is quiet, regular speed, 30% vision)

Edit for clarity:

This is not meant to apply to every little thing. It should only affect tasks that use the progress bar.

Edited by Z30

While I like the idea, especially the stealth one (when you know zeds are just around you, you'd sometimes want to be as stealthy as possible even when applying barricades or constructing), but on the other hand that mechanic would be easily exploited currently.

Sometimes I'd love to see to come, but would require some major-ish thinking to implement properly :)