Gun Store - How do you get in?

doomblood66

Using a sledge to break down a wall is definitely the only way. The cage inside extends past the whole section of the building where the door is, so you can't go through the door, or any of the walls in that section of the building. When I did it I went through a wall on the south side of the building. There's no caging there inside that will prevent you. The west or north sides would work too, but be careful if you go through the west side, because you'd be coming into the back rooms that way, and there were zombies hiding in both of them when I went in.

The storage lots are where he's telling you to go. There's the self-storage area, then the building directly to the south is a mill. Those are probably your best bets in West Point to nab a sledge. There's also a hardware store in between the post office and food market in the main shopping district. I ended up having to run to Muldraugh to find mine though.

These areas specifically: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8160802375011633,0.15491093147408946,66.24737266949232

Then the back door to the hardware store is hidden behind the corner to the right of the mostly obscured right-most garage door you can see here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8132890496993506,0.14407401785080748,284.8515765597235

like right in that back corner of the red brick building.

Is what inside the main building or the smaller ones?

The mill is the large southern building that can be seen in the first map link I posted. I'm not sure that it's a lumber mill, but it's a mill/factory of some kind.

The two smaller self-storage buildings are kind of a waste of time. I think there's only 2 crates total in both of them. The larger self storage building has a lot more than that, but you actually need a sledge to access most of them. You'll have access to maybe 10 crates without one, but then maybe 20-25 if you have a sledge.

Oh I see what's confusing you. Blindcoder labelled the mill as a large warehouse on the map. It's clearly some kind of factory though. It's offices, employee areas like a cafeteria, and locker rooms, and the large room is a big production area. Only a small part of the building is dedicated storage. It's just a semantic argument, but I personally think that building is much more of a factory/mill than a warehouse.

Ah ok, so you believe i can get almost deffinetly get a sledge hammer at the self storage? Its just that, i just overcame a bite, it took 2 days in my safehouse, alot of food alot of cigarettes and alot of sleeping pills. And there is a mega horde there, so i dont want to roll the dice again if it isnt worth it

Actually no. It's worth looking, because West Point doesn't have many locations that provide a lot of opportunities in one place. There's really only those 3, outside of combing garages in the residential areas, but that's way risky. If you want a sure thing, run to Muldraugh and hit the warehouses and logging corp. Like I said, that's what I ended up having to do too. The trip itself actually isn't all that bad. The highway and the areas immediately surrounding Dixie can get a little hairy, but if you keep moving you'll be fine. Conserve stamina by walking unless you have to run, and just keep moving. I usually B-line for the northern farm, and you can make it in a day. Sleep in the northern farm, then go looting, sleep in the northern farm again, then go back to West Point. You're done in 3 days, and it's all pretty cut and dry.