Respawn player option

Alest

Controversial I know but hear me out.

The 41 update in my opinion has enhanced the playability ten fold. I understand this is a hardcore game however I think adding a world creation option to respawn your character will be essential to mp servers once mp is implemented. The 41 update has made the game so much better than before and when mp starts there will be a need for longer survivability in such an unforgiving game.

What I suggest is an option in the world creation menu where upon death, you drop all your items but can respawn at your bed/spawn location. This way you keep all skills learned but still lose your gear.

Having the ability to invest into skills that you keep throughout a server/wipe in my opinion will facilitate in retaining a much larger amount of new players.

I'd love to hear your feedback.

Maybe as an sandbox seting only 4 MP.... hmm

Shud be some or all skill loss but keep the combat skills and the bocks you have bean reading sins its a major pain to read bocks in MP. 

The gears is offen easy to get back anyway even i singel play, just go back and kill and in MP youre frends can quite easy save the loot.

Edited by Masmassu

Needs to be some kind of loss to skills as well. Something like 1 learned skill level lost on all skills. So if your char with traits starts at say 2 long blunt, you wouldn't go below that, but if you had skill 5 when you died, you respawn with skill 4. I'd even go so far as to say you lose whatever skill books you have read. There's got to be serious penalty to dieing but not so much that you can't hop back into game with friends.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:40 PM, Axiomatic said:

Needs to be some kind of loss to skills as well. Something like 1 learned skill level lost on all skills. So if your char with traits starts at say 2 long blunt, you wouldn't go below that, but if you had skill 5 when you died, you respawn with skill 4. I'd even go so far as to say you lose whatever skill books you have read. There's got to be serious penalty to dieing but not so much that you can't hop back into game with friends.

I agree, losing a random skill point or 2 would be a fair implementation. There are already mods that allow you to keep your character on death but drop all equipment. I think once MP drops, similar mods/features will become very popular as they will make the game more accessible to novice players plus add some security and longevity to the late game.
I think regardless Mods for this feature will be common place so the sandbox/MP options may as well implement them.

19 hours ago, Furizu said:

I agree, these are my thoughts about it: 

No its not realistic that the new caracter have bean hideing under  a stone the hole time after the outbrake. Sins an new caracter is in level how they supose to be preezombie time. The must have bean out and got some expetiens befor you start to play it!

No you dont respawn the same person (well now we do but an prezombitime clone) you respawn whit another caracter in almist the same xp level as the one that died!

Edited by Masmassu