Game crashes when i load a game session.

Xenotemos

Game constantly crashes whenever i create/load a session. The options that has effect on the system usage are as low as they can be. Im running the game on 32bit version, as it is worse in 64bit. You can find the dxdiag on the attached files. The game was working fine before the build 41, no mods are installed.

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i3 5005U 2.0GHz, 2 cores. x64 based processor
Intel HD Graphics(R) 5500, 512mb VRAM
4GB RAM
System type: 64-bit
Bios and all other drivers are updated.

Note: If theres more files need to be attached, please specify the file needed.

DxDiag.txt options.ini

console.txt

Edited by Xenotemos

The game was working fine before the build 41
Intel HD Graphics(R) 5500
4GB RAM

Unfortunately these three lines describe your problem perfectly. The game has increased requirements for Build 41 which makes integrated intel cards not work properly on it due to driver issues and general hardware problems, since they aren't supposed to run games really. That combined with the low-ish RAM can cause a ton of crashes.
I can only really suggest 3 things, if those don't work I cannot really provide any other help since this is hardware related, the one fix would be switching to Linux for better driver support OR getting a dedicated card:

1. Make sure your drivers are up to date from the official website

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86210/Intel-HD-Graphics-5500

2. Run the game in 32 bit mode by going to your game folder

Steam Library > Rightclick ProjectZomboid > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files

And running the "ProjectZomboid32.bat"

3. Lower any settings in the options, lower the puddle quality, turn texture compression on

43 minutes ago, Beard said:

The game has increased requirements for Build 41 which makes integrated intel cards not work properly on it due to driver issues and general hardware problems

Will there be any optimisation update that will at least make the performance better on low end and older computers?

Edited by Xenotemos

3 hours ago, Xenotemos said:

Will there be any optimisation update that will at least make the performance better on low end and older computers?

There are general optimizations planned but I do not know how or whether they will affect integrated intel cards specifically at all.

I managed to create a session without crash. And i lasted for 3 days in-game. Then it crashed again but im keeping my hopes on the optimisation update. Also, the day time was looking like night, and the night was compeletely black. Briefly the game was too dark for me, i dont know why it happened. Im looking forward for the optimisation updates, maybe the game will be more stable then.