Project Zomboid Giveaway Thread

Connall

Made a new fanart, just realised that the bandages are on the wrong leg. facepalm.gif

I know it doesn't appear finished, but this scetchy look is how I usually leave my artworks.

zomboid238cth15iw7.png

That is damn good. Looks finished to me, nice solid shapes and proportions. I always struggle with shapes and proportions. 

Now I feel I have to make another fan-art submission myself :D Something less cartoony.

Here we are once again ladies and gentlement, here to announce another winner of the giveaway. Exciting times isn't it? If you have been following the Steam group then you are already aware of who won, but I figure I should do the cross post like I usually do (which also helpfully bumps this thread up into sight for new members) ;)

Anyway the winner is none other than FirstZomboid (Forums) also known as TrueRealityAD (Steam) for none other than these two magnificent pictures.

zomboidpiciptwu2m4ea.png

zomboid238cth15iw7.png

Good isn't it? After all was said and done I was also able to rope him in to do a logo based on his winning piece for the group. The design may change but this is what it's looking like right now.

pzlogoh86t2wxj7v.png

So congratulations man! Hope you enjoy the game. :)

Next draw will be on the 23rd of December.

• 3 weeks later...

I was finally able to announce the third winner for the giveaway, it came a day late due to weather problems causing problems with the power and internet. The winner was Bicardi, who also decided to giveaway a game of his own to another user. Passing on the love!

January entries are open on the group, with dates to be decided. So there you go, rather short and all but not much else to say.

• 1 month later...

THIS IS NOT OFFICIALLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE INDIE STONE IN ANYWAY! THIS IS DONE BY ME ALONE!

Hello there, fellow zomboiders! How's it going? (Scratch out appropriate response) Good!/Sorry to hear.

I've been sitting on this idea for a couple of days now, shifting towards whether I did or didn't want to do it. Though after discussion with certain people I decided to go ahead with it and see how it does. So here it is! My name is Connall, I used to be an active member of the community before I took a leave of absence to focus on a very important couple of years in school (paid off, I'm at Uni now!) but returned after I heard there was a need for wiki editors. Anywho that's all irrelevant fluff really, what I'm actually here to talk about is a Project Zomboid giveaway. Free copies of the games being handed out onto the community. Monthly. Yes, monthly. Well technically every two weeks. For how long? For as long as I possibly can.

Basically, have you played the demo? Loved it? Excellent! Want it for free? Well now's your chance to get it for free if you lack the necessary funds.

So how do you enter into this magnificent deal. Well two things. 1. Post in this thread. Yes just post in this thread. 2. Though completely optional, it helps me out in the long run is join the Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pzgiveaways

That's it. That's you entered to win. However, what if you want to sweeten your odds? Well it's pretty simple, are you the artistic type? Think you could draw something, maybe write a short story, a poem even about Project Zomboid? Perhaps you have more musical tastes? Maybe even a bit of a budding film director? Well why not create something focused around Project Zomboid? Wow me into going "This person definitely needs a copy of this game, STAT!" The thing you create must be Project Zomboid related AND NOT STOLEN! I will be doing checks before I announce or decide a winner to make sure it's a legitimately created thing (With images and videos a watermark or something would be kind of helpful.

So all that above was a bit scattered gun, so let me answer some questions I'm sure will come up.

Q: How do you decide a winner?

A: I try to take in as many factors as possible. Firstly, the person must not already own the game. We want to make sure the game is going towards someone who actually deserves it. I also take a look at what they submitted (if anything) and that will generally raise or lower my opinion of whether they should get a copy. I also check to see if they are somewhat active in the community. That doesn't mean constantly posting or anything, but at the very least a lurker or a visitor to the IRC (which I'm on constantly) Though being painfully obvious that you're only doing it for the giveaway will weaken your chances.

I want to stress, this is not randombility. It's basically just me picking someone I think should get the game. People who post nothing still have the chance to win, but keep in mind for now supplies are limited.

Q: Speaking of supplies how many/when will you hand out the games?

A: I will try and make it a set date with a regular schedule when I announce a winner. I won't be doing something where I give both games away at the beginning of the month, I'll be trying to drip feed it. As for how many copies? As of right now 2 each month (Except this one, November 2013) If the price goes up it could drop by one, this is mainly because I'm on a Student Budget and I've got to stay alive.

Q: Are you... promoting something?

A: The Game. Nothing else. No channel, stream, whatever. It's all about the game in this case.

Q: What if we're on the Steam Forums rather than Theindiestone.

A: Shocking that you aren't on there already, but don't worry it doesn't hurt your chances it just means you will have to post the fact you want to be entered into the prize draw in the group announcement page. If you are reading this on the TIS forums, I implore you to post in this thread and also say what your Steam ID is (going to be tying the two together, which will help with authentication if you were to ever win.)

Q: How will you contact winners?

A: After all the checks have been done, I will enter a final check with the user by adding them to my friends list (it's a bit more than that) where I will talk to them, pass over the prize then make sure they redeem it. Once redeemed I'll immediately post on the Steam Group page and most likely the forums (maybe.)

Q: You seem a bit paranoid.

A: Yeah, well two copies a month, I want to make sure they are going to the right people. :razz:

Q: So is this sponsored by the indie-

A: NO!

I can't stress this enough. This is just me, done on my own dime. My money, my choices on who I give it to. They have no influence in who wins, or giving away copies to me. I made sure they were fine with this thread and that's it.

Q: So we can do whatever we want to increase our chances of winning?

A: Just about everything except bribery. If you do produce something for the giveaway to increase your chances please make it PZ related/themed. Do not try to suck up to me, or make some video or love song for me, because I will ignore it and will strike you from winning.

Q: Does the community have any say on who wins?

A: My money.. so... no. Well actually that's not true. Others can certainly rate peoples work if they want to, and I imagine how well the community perceives the thing will no doubt affect my decision making.

Q: I still have questions about this. Can I add you on Steam?

A: No, please don't. If you have a question reply on the forums or the group page. I'm not trying to be mean I just don't want to be spammed with friend requests. I'm a bit of a recluse that way.

Few. Hopefully that answered some of your questions, but what about those who already own the game?

Q: Can we help?

A: YES! As you can see I don't have a magnificent amount of supplies, but I do want to increase the payout of the giveaway. Maybe every week? In that case, you could donate a copy to the giveaway. Now there are two ways you can do this. Just give the copy to me, and trust that I'll get it all scheduled and such and myself (or you) can pick the winner and I'll organise getting it sent to them.

Since this is in it's first weeks though, lets be honest. You won't do that. Don't worry, I'm not offended. *sniff* What I will do though, is give you access to a spreadsheet will all the information of participants for you to study and you can decide who you wish to give it to. The choice is your own to make and I will not influence you one way or the other. That way you can be comfortable with who you announce. At the very least I would appreciate it if you co-ordinated with me to have a set release date and be quick to post with who the winner is. That's the least I ask. However, whether the person is legit or not will be your responsibility in this case, not mine.

If this interests you, send me a PM over TIS forums. Again don't use Steam.

Finally, be wary. I have stated through these posts that I will not be adding you on Steam unless you are winner. This will only be done on the day of the announcement or a day before. IF I add you before then, be wary it could very well be an imposter! (tophat)

My verification questions will not ask for personal information or anything compromising. So if I do, it is again, an imposter.

Now I must sleep as this took much longer than I anticipated. This post was a bit scattergun and I apologise for that, I will amend the thread more in the morning when I have my senses back and will reply to any questions you might have. In the mean time if you want to enter just post in bright red or something that you are entering and whether or not you will be submitting any work (it will remind me to check your post every so often) post your steam name when you join the group:http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pzgiveaways

Now. Let's see how this goes.

23/11/2013 - I need a re-application every month on Steam. You don't need to reply to this thread every month, but you MUST be part of the Steam group to enter. I'm going to be finding a better way to do entrants next month.

Hey thanks man for being so awsome can i enter this month the game is so cool on steam my name is The_Spiffing_Brit