At all possible to survive a bite?

Torn

So I just had an epic battle with about 15 zombies and took them all out with an axe. And then a crawler, who I couldn't see under the mound of corpses on the ground, bit me.   :angry:

I'm at 2.5 months, I don't want to die :( Is there any % chance a bite will not zombify you? I bandaged up and haven't got any sickness symptoms yet, it's been just over 1 day

Sadly, there is a very small chance of actually not being infected from a bite. Hopefully, you aren't bitten. However, if you do start getting the symptoms. The only chance of survival is to eat plenty of food, so your health never keeps dropping. There is no cure.

I've heard you still die after about 3 days of being infected though. So, hope that you're clean.  :cry:

... I also survived bite & scratch of a crawler (hate them :() to live almost a month with everything set up to live forever (at least it felt so).

Then the game crashed while I tried to loot a house and went from 2nd floor back to 1st floor.

Reloading provides me with a rollback of about a day.

I went another route that day and got again bitten by another crawler - and died soon after, didn't even have the chance to eat as fast as my health drops (looks like the zombie didn't have brushed his teeth for ages then) - and yes, I bandaged the wounds and tried to recover in my safe-house. No chance.

So if you ask me: if you don't evolve any pain symptoms soon after the bite/scratch, you got away this time - to die another day :)

Torn, you got lucky! After a few months of playing I have yet to survive a bite, and yeah, typically you know within 12 hours if you're infected. You start getting nauseated pretty quickly.

Yeah I'm totally lucky. This is the first bite I've ever survived. Since posting this thread an hour ago, I've also been scratched 2 more times and I'm still alive, hah.

That leaves me with I believe 5 scratches and a bite now. I got a horseshoe up my ass or something :o

i survived 4 bites and 2 scratches and died trying to kill a horde with an axe 4 days after the last bite

That's some terminator sh*t right there

It would've been if i killed that horde with that axe. (it broke halfway through tried to oush them over and stomp them to death.)

My worst experience was when my bat broke mid-fight with 2-3 zombies, then my player immediately pulled out the shotgun and I accidentally fired a round, attracting another 30+ zombies to me. Needless to say I didn't come back from that one.

i survived 4 bites and 2 scratches and died trying to kill a horde with an axe 4 days after the last bite

That's some terminator sh*t right there

It would've been if i killed that horde with that axe. (it broke halfway through tried to oush them over and stomp them to death.)

My worst experience was when my bat broke mid-fight with 2-3 zombies, then my player immediately pulled out the shotgun and I accidentally fired a round, attracting another 30+ zombies to me. Needless to say I didn't come back from that one.

mine was when i tried to survive with sprinter zombies lived 5 days my worst yet

So I just had an epic battle with about 15 zombies and took them all out with an axe. And then a crawler, who I couldn't see under the mound of corpses on the ground, bit me.   :angry:

I'm at 2.5 months, I don't want to die :( Is there any % chance a bite will not zombify you? I bandaged up and haven't got any sickness symptoms yet, it's been just over 1 day

Not sure how good you are with timing, but i think the best weapons are the knives. Insta-kill at close range. Tis what i prefer to use over the axe.

... I don't think construction worker career works like that.

If you were bitten, chance for infection is at 96% (wiki) for every player/career.

But with "thick skinned"-trait you are less likely to get scratched (or bitten?) than the average guy next door :)

Yep, the construction worker just has the skin of Kevlar, but once bitten, doesn't actually help in the situation.