If a big map in Europé (or som wher ells) will come, wher do you think is the best spot?

Masmassu

7 hours ago, Masmassu said:

As the title wher do you think/whitch it gona be?

1. *Somewhere

2. *Else

3. *Where

4. *Which

5. *Going to

and finally

6. As far as official maps go,  I highly doubt there will be any official maps beyond the portion of Kentucky we are going to get (the area between Louisville and Fort Knox). That being said, you should probably take a look at Cherbourg.

Russia? Like there are mods that take place in France and such. But somewhere proper cold I think is lacking in this game. But then there would be a need for snow to not be a grass texture also. Would be a cool idea to start playin in the early winter having prepared for the Z infection to happen in that setting.  Having more survivor homes and a bigger military presence and looting. Or at least what I would expect if they had a warning about it. Kentucky was ground zero so it makes it a bit dead. YEEEY! XD   

1 hour ago, Turbo50 said:

Russia? Like there are mods that take place in France and such. But somewhere proper cold I think is lacking in this game. But then there would be a need for snow to not be a grass texture also. Would be a cool idea to start playin in the early winter having prepared for the Z infection to happen in that setting.  Having more survivor homes and a bigger military presence and looting. Or at least what I would expect if they had a warning about it. Kentucky was ground zero so it makes it a bit dead. YEEEY! XD   

Yes like Scandinavia / Sweden sounds fun, and ther it will be quite hard to find firearms to as on the vanilamap.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:37 PM, Masmassu said:

Yes like Scandinavia / Sweden sounds fun, and ther it will be quite hard to find firearms to as on the vanilamap.

Eeeeee. That I do not think would be a good fit. Live here and I can not see that working out. 

I really feel Russia or China environment and the cold war clash would be interesting. Since the cold war ended just a few years before the game takes place. It would make sense that the Z virus was a direct cause of the Cold War. So even after the war ended USA still managed to end the world without nukes :) 

Or did Russia plant the virus? As a middle finger to losing the cold war? Or whatever? I mean it makes for a better setting then boring hilly Finland. Like why that setting? What is the driving force?  1989 the berlin wall was taken down. 1991 Cold War ended. Anything set in cold war really should be the primary target for the Zomboid lore to expand to outside of Knox. (ground zero) 1993. Anywhere else is just a reskinned Knox.

France was a good choice for the maker of that map mod. It is a grate setting for a mod. Some lore stuff and it can be a really interesting place to explore Europe in the Zomboid lore. French radio and TV channels. Very confusing messages about what is going on with Knox and in Europe. 

But just a taste and not something core to the lore. Showing the consequences for Europe and it's less then ideal boarders in this kind of event. And how the infection really got out of control in Europe. 

• 1 month later...
On 29/1/2021 at 15:27, Turbo50 said:

¿Rusia? Como hay mods que tienen lugar en Francia y tal. Pero creo que falta un lugar frío adecuado en este juego. Pero entonces sería necesario que la nieve no tenga también una textura de hierba. Sería una buena idea empezar a jugar a principios del invierno después de habernos preparado para la infección Z en ese entorno. Tener más hogares para sobrevivientes y una mayor presencia militar y saqueos. O al menos lo que esperaría si tuvieran una advertencia al respecto. Kentucky era la zona cero, por lo que está un poco muerto. ¡SÍ! XD   

The truth is that it would be a good idea, a biome change is always good for games, variety is the taste.  

A hostile winter environment in a sparsely populated region where there are not many cities, and you have to focus on characters that are adapted to nature, "nature lover" skills would be favored, and tailoring would be a more important factor. (Although I know that developing a map is complex and lavorious, that is why a smaller map focused on nature where you have to fight against the environment more than ever would be relatively simpler)  

You could also choose to add a warm and hostile environment, where the character suffers a lot of thirst and the sprites of the trees and the ground have another design to create even more immersion. It could be an island. This way it would be delimited and that map could even be accessed from some port of the main map acting as a gate for the "dlc". An island with a prison would be very interesting.

La verdad es que seria una buena idea, un cambio de bioma siempre es bueno para los juegos, en la variedad esta el gusto. 

Un ambiente invernal hostil en una region poco poblada donde no haya muchas ciudades, y tengas que centrarte en personajes que se adapten a la naturaleza, las habilidades "amante de la naturaleza" se verian favorecidas, y la sastreria seria un factor más importante. (Aunque se que desarroyar un mapa es complejo y lavorioso, por eso mismo un mapa centrado en la naturaleza mas pequeño donde tengas que luchar contra el entorno mas que nunca seria relativamente mas sencillo)

Tambien se podria optar por añadir un entorno calido y hostil, donde el personaje sufra mucha sed y los sprites de los arboles y el suelo tengas otro diseño para crear aun mas inmersión. Podria ser una isla. Asi estaria delimitada e incluso se podria acceder al ese mapa desde algun puerto del mapa principal haciendo como puerda para el "dlc". Una isla con una prision seria muy interesante. 

Archived