Pull Up Sheet Ropes

Shagyee

With the semi-recent mechanic of the zombies destroying sheet ropes, I have a suggestion to simplify use of these. Currently, if you want to pull the sheet rope up behind you on your way in, you must completely remove it. Due to this, I now keep a hammer a nails next to the windows with sheet ropes to easily remove/add them.

My idea is to have a way to pull the sheet rope up without having to remove it and re-nail it in. It would work well under the right-click menu that allows you to remove/close curtains and close the window.

This only became necessary after the zombies were able to destroy them, which explains why the feature was probably overlooked.

13 minutes ago, Axiomatic said:

Just need a graphic for it coiled below the window when its pulled uip.

That's what I imagined, it could probably get by without a lot of programming, like a sprite like that and an animation like the one when you take something out your pack (or no animation at all) would fit into the game great.

7 hours ago, Kappatao said:

That's a great idea, but then you end up where we started, within invinsible floating sky bases with zero downsides. At least with zeds being able to tear your rope, you need to think a bit before destroying your stairs.

Once you'd pull up the sheet rope, you couldn't go down if you destroyed the stairs, and once you're at the bottom and the sheet ropes down, they can destroy it if you got rid of the stair case so that still wouldn't work anymore. And you can basically already do this by removing rope every time you climb it and adding it when you need to go back down.

At this point there's plenty easier ways I've found to cheese the game, like making maze-like platform entrances or just enough layers to mess up the zombie path-finding. This idea is more of a convenience than a game changer, you couldn't exploit it in a way you couldn't already do now.

Edited by Shagyee

On 1/26/2021 at 4:05 AM, Shagyee said:

That's what I imagined, it could probably get by without a lot of programming, like a sprite like that and an animation like the one when you take something out your pack (or no animation at all) would fit into the game great.

You wouldn't even need animations for it for starterss; opening curtains, windows and doors woek without animations anyway. :)

On 1/26/2021 at 2:25 PM, Kappatao said:

That's a great idea, but then you end up where we started, within invinsible floating sky bases with zero downsides. At least with zeds being able to tear your rope, you need to think a bit before destroying your stairs.

Like @Shagyee wrote, that wouldn't change the game; there's still options to cheese the game which needs to be solved first, so while I agree sky bases are something to solve eventually, adding an option to pull up sheet rotes aren't something to be avoided because of that. :)