GPS - Military or civilian receivers

Kauffy

I did a search and I was surprised to see that nobody had suggested GPS and that it wasn't in the frequently-requested things. I'm particularly inspired as my current character is lost AF.

I had a look-see, and GPS existed, although it was grossly inaccurate, the receivers were very finicky and heavy, and it was only common with military.

GPS then was likely just rough-coordinates on a screen. With one equipped, it might have  display similar to the watch, but show coords. Then, using the map (planned), it would show you (roughly) where you are. Keeping true to the real-world function, accuracy is worse around tall buildings, and non-existent inside of buildings.

The receivers would be rare loot, of course, and have a few different models of varying weight and quality. If you wanted to be strictly historical, they'd probably only be found with the military. But use in agriculture might have already started (for real), and if you wanted to pull it a bit, you're only talking about a few years difference.