new mod could use a few testers

stayxstoned

I'm currently working on a mod. At the time of this posting the mod has 7 new weapons, some new recipes, modified item weights, modified loot drops, also added cocaine and marijuana(more useful than you might think even though current states are unbalanced). I've got plenty of time and the desire to add much much more, but could use some people to actually play the game for a bit and test how balanced everything is and check for unseen bugs in the quick tests. I currently test everything I make to check and make sure it at least works but these quick tests are not enough to see how the items and spawn rates effect the game at length, and there could be bugs that I miss in my quick tests. Currently I have the mod set up in a mod folder but it doesn't work correctly from the folder, only when the files are copy/pasted to their correct folders in the directory so knowing how to install the mod this way is needed at least for the time being. I will post more info tomorrow about everything added so far and planned features.

If you are interested just leave a post saying that you are. Will add the files, gotta fix a few items and correct the loot drops but you can expect a copy tomorrow.

Also if anyone that makes icons and such would like to contribute I've never messed with images so that would save me a lot of time not having to learn that as well.

Here i am, always willing to help if there's some MJ (clyde) Now seriously, you can add me too to your list. I am always searching for new mods with potential so if you want i can help you test it. I'm running 2.9.9.16 version(because is running smooth as hell) and i got some experience using mods (missing icons, files misplaced) so i can handle the task. Send me a feedback and well see. 

Alright thanks for stepping up guys/girls, I've gotten entirely too high tonight to finish the reloading on the 5 new guns I  added earlier today. After I get those working tomorrow I'll upload the files and you guys can start trying the stuff out. I might add some more stuff than I have listed above because I've had a few ideas that shouldn't take long to work in but I'll edit this post and include full details about everything and I'll pm you each a link with the download. Don't wanna post it here and have random people playing it before it's ready, if anyone else would like to try it, leave a post and I'll include you too until we reach about 10 people, shouldn't need more than that for testing.

Thanks again.

edit:  I finish everything I needed to and am going to send all 3 of you a PM with the download link. and I know that all the guns i added only have a 12 round clip, thats a bug that Stormy is fixing for me since he wrote the whole reloading script, but hopefully he'll have it done within the next few days. Also I know the cocaine and joints are bugged out, I'm gonna try to fix them later when I work on adding some crafting stuff and hopefully bows/crossbows. Any other bugs or problems please tell me about, or ideas on fixes, balance, new items, etc. I plan on adding a lot more melee weapons and make a fair amount of craftable weapons plus the bows/c-bows I've already mentioned. Let's get to the goodies...

New Weapons--

AR-10  =  basically an AR-15 but it fires .308 instead of .223

Mini-14 = fires .223, smaller version of the famous M14, the mini is comparable to an AR-15,

Whinchester Model 88 = lever action rifle firing .308 rounds

Steyr Model SL = bolt action rifle firing .223 rounds

Colt .45  = fires .45, need I say more?

Thompson SMG "Tommy Gun" = fires .45, need I say more?  **ONLY FOUND IN POLICE STATION CURRENTLY AND NOT 100%**

MP-5 = fires 9mm, need I say more?  **ONLY FOUND IN POLICE STATION CURRENTLY AND NOT 100%**

Combat Knife = a kitchen knife that doesn't break for you knife loving people like myself

New Recipes--

Craft Nails = craft 7 nails from a doorknob or hinge

Roll Joints = 28gr medical marijuana  + rolling papers = 40 joints

Refill Fertilizer = empty fertilizer bag + almost any fruit/veggie  = full bag

Other--

Joints =  pretty self explanatory

Cocaine = pretty self explanatory 

modified almost all items weights and bag capacity, zombies will drop almost everything you need now, but with low rates, so you'll have to kill a lot to get stuff.

Thats all I've added so far, let me know how you like everything and you're thoughts on balancing, and of course any bugs you find.

plan on adding bows/c-bows  and expanding on the crafting a good amount and maybe add a lot of new melee weapons if I have the time.

I also highly recommend you all download the CorpseMod (http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/CorpseMod/) I have the gloves from this mod set to drop on zombies if you do download it. If you have problems with the game you might wanna try downloading the corpsemod and installing it, the gloves being in the loot tables shouldn't cause issues if they aren't included but I haven't tested it so it is possible. 

Good Luck :)

Ok I just tested mine without Corpsemod and it worked fine, I believe you just need to update to .17 and it should work properly, I'm not sure about the mod loader so I'm not going to mess with that.

Ok I just tested mine without Corpsemod and it worked fine, I believe you just need to update to .17 and it should work properly, I'm not sure about the mod loader so I'm not going to mess with that.

I've been pretty busy with RL stuff for the past week and with Thanksgiving tomorrow I doubt I'll update the mod until late tomorrow or sometime Friday. I have fixed the magazine size for all the guns and might upload just that a little bit later tonight, but I'm currently working on some more content and would like to just finish everything I'm currently working on and release it all at once. After the next update I won't be adding any new items for a bit, I'm going to either get someone to make all the icons for all the new content or either figure it out myself so that will take a few days either way, but after that I have a bunch more new content planned.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...