Server disappears from server list after 20 hours or so.

Kubbie

Question

Hi, I run a PZ server for some friends.  It is on a dedicated Windows 10 machine.  I have the game through Steam.  Standard steam install, no mods, latest version.  The server boots up fine, it runs and people can log in to it.  Somewhere after 20 hours or so it just vanishes from the list and no one can log in to it.  Sometimes people are online playing and others message me they cant see it in the list.  So it seems at some point it is just getting removed from the server list.  The game is not crashing, it is still running, but no longer joinable.

Has anyone seen this before or know how to fix the issue.  I do run one other game from that server on different ports and it runs fine and stays available all the time.  I just cant figure out why PZ is having this issue.

3 answers to this question

Did you make sure that all the Steam ports are open? It could also be that if you have an antivirus software it could block those ports / the game server from accessing the specific query needed for the server to appear (would explain why its periodic since antiviruses can have checks every few hours)

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I have The below ports forwarded and authorized through the firewall.  The program is allowed access in the virus protection.  Just can't figure out why it drops off the server list after X hours.

16261 UDP
16262 - 16272 TCP

I am trying to think why it would get removed, but game-wise it seems impossible. Meaning that it has to be an external factor blocking the query port or something else from being accessed by Steam. Could even be the router settings, some have anti-DDOS capabilities and if those are enabled they can be aggressive in blocking ports. Same with antiviruses, some can even block ports even if you allow a certain app through, the port itself would have to be enabled (or the antivirus disabled to test it out)

Edit: Also noticed that you don't have the Steam port open, it would be "8766" as UDP. You can first try opening that and see if that helps.

Archived