stunted carrot plant ?

imortalz

i followed kamikaze advice and removed all the carrot and went for potato , screw veggie yay for french fries !

Pro tip: If you get a cooking pot and some cooking oil you can make french fries :) Try it with a campfire if the ovens are shut off  ;)

when i rigth clicked them i there was the option remvoe, otherwise u can dig on them thats what i did first

You need a shovel in your inventory to get the option though; that's if  you want to turn it back to normal soil, every time I tried digging over it, it would just bug out and stay the same.

when i rigth clicked them i there was the option remvoe, otherwise u can dig on them thats what i did first

You need a shovel in your inventory to get the option though; that's if  you want to turn it back to normal soil, every time I tried digging over it, it would just bug out and stay the same.

i read in another tread that having a spade let u do something with your dead plant.

It appears that carrots and radishes have a 'max water' value, which makes me wonder if the rain is what kills them so fast.

As it stands now I rarely have to water my crops - the rain does it for me - but that means it also waters carrots too much.

I'm going to try building a shelter of sorts for carrots and see if I can't get them to grow. Radishes, too.

• 4 months later...

I refurbished a storage room at a warehouse into a greenhouse for the express purpose of keeping the carrots and radishes out of the rain.

I used a sledge hammer and then replaced the walls with window frames to let the sun light in.

With a shovel and a sand bag, I moved dirt on to the concrete in 4x2 sections.

I barricaded the window openings ever so slightly so the sunlight could peak in still but I would still have time to deal with a zombie that somehow broke into the compound before it wrecked the carrots and radishes, should such an event take place.

And yet, disease still got into the make shift green house somehow.

So when I tilled under the disease affected young plants that had managed to get to stage 3/7 growth, whose water I was keeping hovering under 65 and 75 aproximately, so that the disease wouldn't spread, I had to leave to find more farming tools.

In this case spoiled milk to make the proper cure for mildew, I already had the cigarettes for the flies, but only one spray can.

As I was out searching the nearby abandoned houses' fridges, it started to rain.

When I got back, apparently unless the game is rendering it for me, the game treats interiors as exteriors, and the rain had watered my carrots and radishes, even though they were indoors!

Damn, damn, damn! Poor plants, they seem to be slowly dying now, I hope I can somehow keep them alive long enough for their water levels to drop...

Update: AUGH! Even though I am indoors with these plants, the rain is watering them to 100 and killing the carrots and radishes! And yet, my character is not being rained on, getting dried off in fact. Son of a ... oh well, off to the tracker, I suppose.

Build IWBUMS 25 v3

Screen Shot:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296940386264275466/EDAF06DE684ACE7B4F821B7FCFA33042A0B73D98/

I refurbished a storage room at a warehouse into a greenhouse for the express purpose of keeping the carrots and radishes out of the rain.

I used a sledge hammer and then replaced the walls with window frames to let the sun light in.

With a shovel and a sand bag, I moved dirt on to the concrete in 4x2 sections.

I barricaded the window openings ever so slightly so the sunlight could peak in still but I would still have time to deal with a zombie that somehow broke into the compound before it wrecked the carrots and radishes, should such an event take place.

And yet, disease still got into the make shift green house somehow.

So when I tilled under the disease affected young plants that had managed to get to stage 3/7 growth, whose water I was keeping hovering under 65 and 75 aproximately, so that the disease wouldn't spread, I had to leave to find more farming tools.

In this case spoiled milk to make the proper cure for mildew, I already had the cigarettes for the flies, but only one spray can.

As I was out searching the nearby abandoned houses' fridges, it started to rain.

When I got back, apparently unless the game is rendering it for me, the game treats interiors as exteriors, and the rain had watered my carrots and radishes, even though they were indoors!

Damn, damn, damn! Poor plants, they seem to be slowly dying now, I hope I can somehow keep them alive long enough for their water levels to drop...

Update: AUGH! Even though I am indoors with these plants, the rain is watering them to 100 and killing the carrots and radishes! And yet, my character is not being rained on, getting dried off in fact. Son of a ... oh well, off to the tracker, I suppose.

Build IWBUMS 25 v3

Screen Shot:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296940386264275466/EDAF06DE684ACE7B4F821B7FCFA33042A0B73D98/

This could have something to do with the fact that rain doesn't check if there's a roof above the tile, it checks what kind of tile the ground is. You said you carted in some dirt to grow the crops on, I believe the game checks that tile, sees dirt, and rains on it regardless of the roof. This might explain your over-watering problem. So there is no real way to prevent rain from getting to your crops at the moment, until the devs update this system.

This could have something to do with the fact that rain doesn't check if there's a roof above the tile, it checks what kind of tile the ground is. You said you carted in some dirt to grow the crops on, I believe the game checks that tile, sees dirt, and rains on it regardless of the roof. This might explain your over-watering problem. So there is no real way to prevent rain from getting to your crops at the moment, until the devs update this system.

Well, Devs are updating the system according to the post on the Tracker. :)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-243-rain-indoors-carrot-radish-plants-water-max-no-carrot-radish-farming/?gopid=571#entry571

The game will now keep track of plants being inside or outside.  Plants that are inside will not get water from rain, and they will get less health from sunny days.