Really hoping not a 100% of zombies just straight up crawl under cars

ZombieHunter

If one or two fall and crawl under ok fine, but hopefully the video isn't showing second a zombie sees a car obstruction they are all going to stop drop and crawl would just be annoying. 

That removes a lot of creativity players do for setting up defenses. 

Survival in the end of the end of the day is about being creative with solutions, make those solutions meaningless  then all that is left is just running. 

11 minutes ago, ZombieHunter said:

If one or two fall and crawl under ok fine, but hopefully the video isn't showing second a zombie sees a car obstruction they are all going to stop drop and crawl would just be annoying. 

That removes a lot of creativity players do for setting up defenses. 

Survival in the end of the end of the day is about being creative with solutions, make those solutions meaningless  then all that is left is just running. 

Making a wall out of cars just because they used to be invincible wasn't creative.

I too wish they didn't all just stop drop and crawl and there was a sandbox option to make it so only already crawling zombies crawl under cars. This is also coming from someone who literally never uses cars as walls because it wasn't a challenge or creative. I hope they can come up with a middle ground. I don't want cars to be invincible walls, but zombies don't have the motor skills to stop drop and crawl lol. It's a tough call. 

37 minutes ago, ZombieHunter said:

I agree that this wasn't creative to just grab a lot of cars and stick them together. Survival in PZ is not guaranteed, the opposite is basically guaranteed, though. People do stuff like this and then complain the game is boring, yet then complain when you're forced to be limited in your choices. Limitation inspires creativity. If people are creative enough, there's plenty more options of dealing with zombies and hordes.

Regardless, it's by default on 50% that crawl under the car. You can turn it completely off in the sandbox settings. Adding "only crawlers crawl under" I think is pointless though? They already could always crawl under cars, if I'm correct.

16 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

Regardless, it's by default on 50% that crawl under the car. You can turn it completely off in the sandbox settings. Adding "only crawlers crawl under" I think is pointless though? They already could always crawl under cars, if I'm correct.

Did not know only 50% drop and crawl, at least it's not all of them. However, no zombies, not even crawlers used to be able to crawl under cars before. It's either on or off now, we'd like the option to tweak maybe the percentage or what types of zombies can crawl under cars :) It's a good start for sure.

16 hours ago, orikamii said:

Did not know only 50% drop and crawl, at least it's not all of them. However, no zombies, not even crawlers used to be able to crawl under cars before. It's either on or off now, we'd like the option to tweak maybe the percentage or what types of zombies can crawl under cars :) It's a good start for sure.

These options are available in Sandbox.

18 hours ago, orikamii said:

I too wish they didn't all just stop drop and crawl and there was a sandbox option to make it so only already crawling zombies crawl under cars. This is also coming from someone who literally never uses cars as walls because it wasn't a challenge or creative. I hope they can come up with a middle ground. I don't want cars to be invincible walls, but zombies don't have the motor skills to stop drop and crawl lol. It's a tough call. 

I imagine you'd get the same effect if you set it to "never." Crawlers used to be able to pass under cars, though I suspect this was never intended, so I can't imagine it's any different if the setting to make them actively get down, crawl, then get back up is turned off. 

Naturally I simply have to disagree with the "motor skills" thing. They're ambulatory, they leap through windows, they climb stairs, they grab and pull you down. They're perfectly capable of this, as depicted in the game.

I'd rather a good portion stayed crawlers once they were down, but maybe that's something that can be done later.

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I imagine you'd get the same effect if you set it to "never." Crawlers used to be able to pass under cars, though I suspect this was never intended, so I can't imagine it's any different if the setting to make them actively get down, crawl, then get back up is turned off. 

Thanks for the info :) I guess I just never experienced the crawlers going under my cars so I thought this was completely new functionality when it was introduced in the new update. I'll have to try and test it out in my sandbox game.

• 1 month later...

Even if they hadn't the "motor skills" to crawl under cars, what should actually stop them from going above the cars and/or break a window and pass through the car directly ? Cars blocking zeds was a non sense in the first place. This is probably best balance fix this game have seen so far.

Archived