Increase/Decrease Vehicle Acceleration

Shagyee

Right now when you drive a vehicle, it's full throttle or nothing. With speed demon, driving can become even more of a hassle with how load driving at max RPMs sounds. I haven't tried it myself but I'm pretty sure driving with a controller is actually better as you can probably control the amount of gas with the trigger.

My idea is having 2 new key bindings, to decrease and increase the amount of gas you give your car. Maybe with the up/down keys. That way, if you are pressing W and press up or down on the arrows, you can control your acceleration speed like a controller. So on a road, you could set this much lower to have better control/better sound when driving. 

Edited by Shagyee

15 hours ago, Shagyee said:

I'd also love to see some vehicles with an manual transmission, although I'm sure this has been brought up before. Manual transmission + this idea would work very well together.

funny enough, my first post in this forum is suggesting exactly that. at one hand, the devs have teased vehicle animations a while back, and I feel like they're going to do some major rework of vehicles at some point (cars have fully textured engine bays and there already are debug cars with doors that can be spawned in), but in the other hand it doesn't seem to be any time soon, and it's really frustrating to see how poor the cars are in this game. it especially bugs me that revs cut off the second you stop holding down the gas pedal, which is both very unrealistic, and even more, sounds unrealistic.