51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like dubstep?

• I am 23 and under, and I enjoy dubstep
    • I am over 23, and I enjoy dubstep
    • I am 23 and under, and I dislike dubstep
    • I am over 23, and I dislike dubstep
    • I am 23 and under, what is "dubstep"?
    • I am over 23, what is "dubstep"?

For me, ace, it's just because of the massive following from children ages 12-18 which is a group I just plain don't get along with most of the time. Not that there aren't some very pleasant youngsters here, but when it comes to music it just grinds my gears XD

Edit: As a sidenote, I can totally see that song Ace linked being a song on one of the less good Star Trek spinoffs when they're in an alien "bar" or something. For whatever reason they love pieces like this.

guess what, i'm 27 and my name is DuB and I like Dubstep, though not skrillex, his music is way too wierd for me :/

p.s. my name has nothing to do with dubstep, just took the first letter of my forname W ( Double U) and shortened it to DuB, cool no?

At least parts of this song are "dubstep".

Simon Viklund has done a wonderful job at making music the pump you up for robbing banks. My favorite part of this one is the beginning, if I could have a song completely made of that progressive techno sound, I would totally go for it.

The only dubstep I like is the snythesis between orchestral traditional harmony and electronic distortion. Raw, pure dubstep is novel, but becomes swiftly obnoxious. Music needs a complex depth of unified sounds to be memorable. Collective noise just doesn't soak in well with the brain and "heart" , and thus it its severly limited in it's impact on the listener. Also note that no genre will stay virginal long, it will be absorbed and recombined as creativity continues progressing and flourishing. I see Skrillex-like Dubstep  cresting and being replaced by the likes of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

Music like Red linked always seems slightly off to me because I have a strong feeling she doesn't do the electronics (many artists don't do their own) and that likely means someone other than her deserves a good half of the credit but would likely never see it. I'll eat my words if she does her own mixing though XD

Music like Red linked always seems slightly off to me because I have a strong feeling she doesn't do the electronics (many artists don't do their own) and that likely means someone other than her deserves a good half of the credit but would likely never see it. I'll eat my words if she does her own mixing though XD

Nope, Lindsey mixes the songs, and plays the violin, as far as I know. It's a damn shame that I can't stand the music for more than a few minutes at a time.

Nope, Lindsey mixes the songs, and plays the violin, as far as I know. It's a damn shame that I can't stand the music for more than a few minutes at a time.

Well foot -> mouth. It's not something I particularly would go out of my way to see, but there's no denying a decent amount of talent on both the violin and the computer.