Zombification occurring even though no injuries occurred, possibly the Injured negative trait starting the infection sometimes.

BasedKirito

Because I don't trust tags, this occurred on the IWBUMS version of PZ. -- This has happened twice to me so far, where a zombie would attack my character and either my clothing would take the hit and it wouldn't break through or the character would dodge, thus receiving no injury or damage whatsoever, and then a short while later (due to my setting the zombification speed to 0-12 hours) I would develop symptoms and die, despite never receiving an injury or taking damage. This has also happened in a run (which happens to be the most recent one before this post) where I was very careful and thus was only 'hit' once, and the hit was dodged. Shortly, death and zombification then occurred. This is what leads me to believe that the zombie infection is passing to my character despite not directly taking hits such as Scratches, Lacerations, or Bites. I was using the Injured neg. trait in both of these runs, and in the one that I only dodged an attack and proceeded to die, I only lasted around 13-14 hours, so I do not know directly if this is related to Injured or not.

Edit- After some marginal testing (2-3 successful attempts, 5-6 total new games started) it appears that the Injured trait (which is added by a mod, my bad on that) has no affect on this and is working properly. However, it does appear that this is an issue native to Build 41.50 as of this edit, as even though clothing items such as a Leather Jacket or Hoodie take the hit, the infection is still transferred and subsequent moodles appear (and due to an HP bar mod I can see my health immediately start that tell-tale slow decline, especially with sped up zombification time), and the character of course dies. Based off what little testing I did, it does seem that the percentage chance of the infection is still relative to the type of injury that would have been sustained, as a zed getting a passing hit in that would have left a scratch doesn't infect the same as a good chomp that would have resulted in a bite or laceration, but I can't see what injury should have been sustained so this is largely an educated guess.

Edited by BasedKirito

The "injured" negative trait is part of a mod and not the base game. I'd suggest you report the bug in the mod's comments in the steam workshop so they can fix it there :) 

You can also try a run without the trait/mods, see if the same thing occurs in order to know for sure.

Edited by orikamii

On 1/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, orikamii said:

The "injured" negative trait is part of a mod and not the base game. I'd suggest you report the bug in the mod's comments in the steam workshop so they can fix it there :) 

You can also try a run without the trait/mods, see if the same thing occurs in order to know for sure.

Shoot, I didn't know that. I have done marginal testing, and it seems to occur without the trait (and the trait appears to be working as intended), but testing it is a challenge as clothing doesn't always block the attacks and sustaining any damage directly makes any testing useless lol.