Mark Bookshelf as Owned

Shagyee

This idea is to add an option when you right click a cabinet or bookshelf to "Mark as Bookcase". Then any books added will have "Owned" in the description, letting you know which skill books you already have. For example, if you had Electricity for Intermediates in a contained marked as a bookcase, any books with that name in the world would also have "Owned" in the description. I personally always end up with copies of skill books, and they tend to weigh you down on looting trips if you grab enough.

It's been a while since I played 41 so may have changed, but one way I used to keep tabs of books I had was by reading at least 1 page of each book. That way when you're out looting, you can immediately see which books you have back at base. Even if the book was too complicated, you could read it still but just have messages like "I don't understand" pop up.

There's lots of pens and pencils in the game, is it already a feature to write custom notes? Also, can you write on maps, to cross out the places you've been? This is the first time I've thought of this but it wouldn't surprise me if those were both already features.

I tend to not to suggest small things people will probably not use, however there's quite a bit to take notes on in this game.

Edited by Shagyee

17 hours ago, OffitMan said:

It's been a while since I played 41 so may have changed, but one way I used to keep tabs of books I had was by reading at least 1 page of each book. That way when you're out looting, you can immediately see which books you have back at base. Even if the book was too complicated, you could read it still but just have messages like "I don't understand" pop up.

That's a very good idea. The only problem I could see with this one is if you died, you'd have to reread the first page of all the books at you have at your base again.

1 hour ago, Shagyee said:

There's lots of pens and pencils in the game, is it already a feature to write custom notes? Also, can you write on maps, to cross out the places you've been? This is the first time I've thought of this but it wouldn't surprise me if those were both already features.

I tend to not to suggest small things people will probably not use, however there's quite a bit to take notes on in this game.

Yes, you can write in the game. On maps too.