Stagger Instead of Fall

Shagyee

This is a pretty simple one, I have never made it past 4 nimble with the updated and couldn't find info on it so I decided to post this in case it wasn't already a feature.

I noticed running into a wall makes you fall. What gave me this idea was when I clipped the corner of a house to see my character land flat on his ass. I was thinking with high enough nimble, instead of completely falling you would stagger and lose speed, depending on how you run into something. For example, if I clipped the house like I did, it would show an animation of my character losing balance and continuing at job speed. However, if I ran straight into a wall, it could knock me back and stun me for a second or two, but not lose my footing. The higher your nimble, the shorter the delay is before you can control your character again. Like, the speed of the animation could just play faster with high nimble, or take less steps before recovering footing. This would add another incentive to level your nimble up without making you overly powerful with a maxed out character. 

31 minutes ago, orikamii said:

I think that the chance of falling increases with how tired you are and how encumbered you are. I've definitely jumped over short walls while running without falling. But I do like the idea of characters stumbling.

I did not know those things factored into the chance you fall, maybe I'm falling so much because I use a big hiking bag all the time.

39 minutes ago, Dreacon78 said:

how in the world do you level nimble?

I have jumped over tons of short obstacles and it barely moves.

Is nimble like sprinting in how long it takes to level?

Hope this question isn't out of line.

Picking traits that up the speed it levels up helps. I've always assumed that you get more xp from jumping obstacles the more zombies around you, like lightfooted and sneaking. I could be wrong though. 

19 minutes ago, Shagyee said:

Picking traits that up the speed it levels up helps. I've always assumed that you get more xp from jumping obstacles the more zombies around you, like lightfooted and sneaking. I could be wrong though. 

Guess I could test it out near zeds...tend to want to avoid large groups of them unless I am ready to fight.   lol