Lockpicking Mod (1.8.1)

RoboMat

Pushed version 1.6.0:

- Vanilla traits influence outcome and chances of the lockpicking / lockbreaking Actions (Closes #4)    - "Clumsy" and "Graceful" will affect the noise of lockbreaking    - "Lucky" and "Unlucky" will generally affect all random elements    - "Keen Hearing" and "Hard Of Hearing" will affect the chance of successfully picking a lock- Added support for automatic version checking (See https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-tiny_avc)- Fixed translation encoding- Fixed linebreaks trait description- Cropped mod poster

No really big changes in this. I tested the trait influence on lockpicking a little bit, but I am glad for any feedback concerning balancing.

Almost forgot: Special thanks to all the people who kept this mod alive while I was away! Contributions are always welcome <3

I think it should have one.

Right now it uses the directory name, so people git cloning the repo will not be able to play on a server using the release zip file.

Ah I see, and it is necessary for the "require" feature in the mod.info. Will push a hotfix.

Done! Version 1.6.1:

### Version 1.6.1- Make use of mod id

Pushed version 1.7.0

### Version 1.7.0- Player's panic levels now affect the lockpicking success (Closes #6)- Reduced the base chance for successfully picking a lock- Fixed #3 - Lockpicking sound is now stopped correctly when the timed action Stops- Fixed #7 - Timed Actions for breaking door and window locks now stop when the player walks or runs
Finally the sound issues are fixed! (clyde) (clyde) (clyde)

And another small (yet important) bug fix release:

### Version 1.7.1 - Fixed #8 - Reduce amount of false positives for doors inside of houses
This way doors inside of houses will no longer display lockpicking and lockbreaking options.

Yes. this warehouse is giving me tons of problems.. most of the windows are unable to have sheets put on them... It's so odd.. There is also a floating trash can on the second floor, near the bottom of the building. It's just... floating.. I accidentally found it when I was placing flooring all over the second floor.

Hm I see, but it is just that door which gives you problems?

It's possible that it isn't defined as an "exterior" door so to speak and therefore my mod doesn't offer the option although the door is locked. I'll post a ticket in the bug tracker and see if it can be fixed in the vanilla game itself.

So far, that is the only door I've seen. It's like the door is acting like it's locked on the outside, but actually locked on the inside

I've talked to Mash yesterday and we found out that the "room" behind the door doesn't have a "room" definition in the map. This could be the cause of the problem and should be fixed in one of the next PZ updates.

So far, that is the only door I've seen. It's like the door is acting like it's locked on the outside, but actually locked on the inside

I've talked to Mash yesterday and we found out that the "room" behind the door doesn't have a "room" definition in the map. This could be the cause of the problem and should be fixed in one of the next PZ updates.

Do you think they would be able to fix the window issue upstairs too? none of the windows that don't have floor under them by default can have sheets placed on them. when you try to click the "add sheet" button, it just does nothing.

Do you think they would be able to fix the window issue upstairs too? none of the windows that don't have floor under them by default can have sheets placed on them. when you try to click the "add sheet" button, it just does nothing.

I'd say it is best if you open a ticket in the bug tracker:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/project-4-map/

I'd say it is best if you open a ticket in the bug tracker:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/project-4-map/

Alright, I posted one there. Your mods are really nice though. I approve =)

I would like to suggest possible uses of the credit card item to try and open doors as well.

The system reminds me of Fallout 3 for some reason.

I assure you, it's just a coincidence! :P

I would like to suggest possible uses of the credit card item to try and open doors as well.

I didn't know we had credit cards in the game now. I'll look into it. I'd actually love to have a separate skill / progression for lockpicking, but that's currently not possible without meddling with the java side I think. Just like with building more efficient / trickier lock opening methods would be enabled for higher levels.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, great mods, i think that using the crowbar for opening locked door must be in the vailla game (that's why i came here and dl your mods) but i have a little problem with the Xbox 360 controller (because i play in splitscreen with my brother)

It doesn't show option for unlocking the door with the controller... i try in singleplayer and it doesn't show too WITH the controller but it appear with a mouse (appear just 1second when i click on a door with the controller STILL activate for player 1)

it doesn't matter when i play on a server or in singleplayer but it's a little bit annoying in my particular situation

I hope it will help you to make your mods better again and if you can fix it (because i see it work for expended building mods, if you want to contact the creator to fix it)... it will be awesome