Reformatted my laptop and game crashes

DXPOHIHIHI

Question

So I reformatted my laptop since I wanted a new fresh start on my pc and I updated all my drivers and now I can't run project zomboid! It crashes randomly and sometimes when I open the pz application it just shows a black screen but with music playing. I reached the point where it shows my character and the world but it crashes after 3 secs. I have the latest Java installed but my windows version is not up to date since I don''t want windows bloats and my system is performing really well on 15063version logs.zip . I also noticed that the part when I actually get to create a new save and when it crashes and I open pz again they say the save is corrupted.

I tried launching woth compatibility when playing a game on steam, it works but the texture quality is bad and I cant zoom out. It also shows outlines when inside a building.

I tried b39 and it works properly. Please help I haven't played project zomboid in 2 days and I'm itching to play.

console.txt logs.zip

3 answers to this question

Version of Windows is too low to get the recent updates for your Intel video adapter installed. Though the game is going to rely mainly on the AMD card, it still runs through the Intel on a laptop.

You could try ensue ensuring that it’s running the AMD card by right clicking the game’s exe and trying the “launch with high performance graphics” option if it shows up and/or try both the 32-bit and 64-bit exe, but it’s hard to help further if your OS is out of date.

10 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Version of Windows is too low to get the recent updates for your Intel video adapter installed. Though the game is going to rely mainly on the AMD card, it still runs through the Intel on a laptop.

You could try ensue ensuring that it’s running the AMD card by right clicking the game’s exe and trying the “launch with high performance graphics” option if it shows up and/or try both the 32-bit and 64-bit exe, but it’s hard to help further if your OS is out of date.

Alrighty then, btw both my intel and amd driver is up to date, updated them from my dell application and also tried driver booster. I guess I'll update it then, what version do you recommend? I'm going for the 1909 version

Archived