Questions about transitioning from short blunt main to axe

DXPOHIHIHI

I'm quite curious why people call axes monsters in the game and I want to know why that is..

So quick question to axe mainers down here, does axe perform better than short blunts?

I mean the wiki doesn't really provide every information of them and they might be outdated but.. Are axes more pro's than cons compared to short blunts? I am trying a different weapon type to main as short blunts are pretty op for me because of the following reasons:

- Doesn't fatigue you that much

- Can hit 2 zeds

- Doesn't break that easily(depends on the short blunt)

- Only needs 1 hand so it allows you to carry 2 bags(Important to me since I am a early game looter and loots everything possible before the first month)

- Swings fast

So if any axe maniac out there can enlighten me why axes are better please do... 

5 hours ago, DXPOHIHIHI said:

I'm quite curious why people call axes monsters in the game and I want to know why that is..

So quick question to axe mainers down here, does axe perform better than short blunts?

I mean the wiki doesn't really provide every information of them and they might be outdated but.. Are axes more pro's than cons compared to short blunts? I am trying a different weapon type to main as short blunts are pretty op for me because of the following reasons:

- Doesn't fatigue you that much

- Can hit 2 zeds

- Doesn't break that easily(depends on the short blunt)

- Only needs 1 hand so it allows you to carry 2 bags(Important to me since I am a early game looter and loots everything possible before the first month)

- Swings fast

So if any axe maniac out there can enlighten me why axes are better please do... 

I think axes just have a straight up higher damage output listed on in hover information? I find they tend to last a while too, certainly longer than short blunts.

Still, I main spears because you can't beat an unlimited ceaseless resource.

32 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

I think axes just have a straight up higher damage output listed on in hover information? I find they tend to last a while too, certainly longer than short blunts.

Still, I main spears because you can't beat an unlimited ceaseless resource.

I want to main spears too but I don't like the fact that they break so fast even at lvl 5 maintenance and max carpentry, I'm the person who kills like 100+ zombies everyday(well almost lol) that's why I level up my short blunt to lvl 8 in just 3 months, I want to know if axes are worth while than short blunts.

Axe does more damage and has more 1-hit kills. Axes are great because they provide much better defense. If your goal is to kill quickly and efficiently, axes are your best bet (next to spears). However if your goal is to kill all the zombies in the world, you will run into problems. Hand Axes can be found on zombies, but if you're using axes exclusively that may not be enough.

Blunt takes more swings, gives you more knockdowns and requires more followup. Maybe at high level it's giving you more 1-hit kills, I have yet to get there. You get a ton of free metal pipes from deconstructing stuff. There's also the (rare) crowbar to be found on zombies, but very few other blunt weapons. I can't even remember the last time I found a baseball bat on a zed, if they show up at all in 41.50.

You find a surprising amount of hunting knives on zeds, though, as well as some spear knives to disassemble. Worth considering.

Spears are still fantastic. Just load up to your weight limit on spears and ditch them as they break. When you craft them with a stone knife, you get more use out of your chipped stones.

3 hours ago, Zork said:

Axe does more damage and has more 1-hit kills. Axes are great because they provide much better defense. If your goal is to kill quickly and efficiently, axes are your best bet (next to spears). However if your goal is to kill all the zombies in the world, you will run into problems. Hand Axes can be found on zombies, but if you're using axes exclusively that may not be enough.

Blunt takes more swings, gives you more knockdowns and requires more followup. Maybe at high level it's giving you more 1-hit kills, I have yet to get there. You get a ton of free metal pipes from deconstructing stuff. There's also the (rare) crowbar to be found on zombies, but very few other blunt weapons. I can't even remember the last time I found a baseball bat on a zed, if they show up at all in 41.50.

You find a surprising amount of hunting knives on zeds, though, as well as some spear knives to disassemble. Worth considering.

Spears are still fantastic. Just load up to your weight limit on spears and ditch them as they break. When you craft them with a stone knife, you get more use out of your chipped stones.

What do you mean by defense? Sorry but I only played project zomboid b41 and I don't know much back then, I'm assuming it's when a zed is about to bite you and roots you on place and you can hold spacebar to defend via push them? is that the case? if so then does that mean higher defense higher chance of not getting successfully bit or scratched?

Oh short blunts are very op imo when I reached lvl 8 its basically a 50% chance 1 hit on the first land, you can just farm spawn kill police officers for their nightsticks then bam you can body a lot of zeds without getting tired. Yeah metal pipes are good but I mostly use them for defences and to level metalworking since they break much faster and swings slowly than a nightstick. Crowbar? lol I have like 7 of those lying in my base they're not that hard to come by imo, just take lucky. 

The hunting knives part are what I'm concerned about, I have like 30+ of them but I never use them, I mean I do but in rare occasions that my main weapon breaks down. What I'm confused is that when I attach a hunting knife to a spear the condition lowers down to like 35% does the maintenance tell how much condition I get when I attach a knife to it? I don't really attach knives or anything to spears cause it's just not worth it and spears are like 1 hit gods now and I don't see any use for attaching something onto them. God I just wish they add in Metal Spears, if so I'll main spears.

No, I mean good offense = good defense. Defense to me means being able to kill quickly when you need it, rather than having to juggle 4-5 zeds that refuse to go down.

I don't think there are any weapons that influence *actual* defense.

So if you get 80% chance on a 1-hit kill at level 8 blunt, that's basically what axe is like on the lower levels.

I think the durability reduction when you attach a knife may be because of low carpentry level? When I had low carpentry and made spears, I consistently got 30-50% durability spears. On higher levels they all come out 100%.

No, I would not attach a good hunting knife to a spear. The opposite. Take them off and use spears and knives separately.

Archived