A few existing bugs (41.50)

fisiga3615

• If you burn a tree, you can't cut it down. But it can be cut down with an axe in combat mode and get firewood.
  • An office cooler with 250 liters of water weighs 5 kilograms.
  • You can add an unlimited amount of fuel to the fire. You can't actually make a fire burn for months, you need to keep an eye on it.
  • While fishing and speeding up time, inventory and backpack randomly switch. If you choose a backpack for fish, then the fish can start to fall into the inventory.
  • A fire in a room does not cause smoke poisoning even when the doors and windows are closed.
  • Almost all the windows in the houses are open, and they do not need to be broken.
  • Game crashes are saved when you start a new game or load a save. After the reboot, everything is fine.
  • The bath is divided into two parts. You can scoop up the water on the right, and it will stay on the left. In fact, this is not possible.
  • The ability to drag a refrigerator with one hand is very stupid.
  • You can't take a big grill.

Nice list. A few notes though:

- you can select the backpack when fishing / foraging but once that bag is full, the items will be added to main inventory

- a fire in the room can cause a fire of the house and the char can die of that instead of smoke poisoning (unless you mean bbq)

- you can set how often doors / windows are locked in sandox settings (most likely, you've just had a lucky streak)

- during crash a save file often fails to be created so on reboot the game goes to what it has - previous save file

- big items can be picked up using pick up tool; to pick up the grill you need to remove the propane tank first

On 1/16/2021 at 5:57 AM, Pandorea said:

- you can select the backpack when fishing / foraging but once that bag is full, the items will be added to main inventory

When foraging, I never have an issue of the interface switching randomly between my bag/main inventory. What you said here definitely works in foraging afaik.

However, when fishing, even when your backpack is pretty much empty, it seems to switch to the main inventory when your lure breaks/worm gets used up (I am pretty sure this is when the switch happens). I haven't pinpointed the exact cause, but I usually carry my worms/lures in my backpack when fishing if that helps. After the switch, clicking on the UI to have stuff go to your backpack again is a bit buggy, I have to stop fishing completely and restart to get it working - until the next lure switch.

I wanted to mention that this occurs whether or not you speed up time.

An office cooler with 250 liters of water weighs 5 kilograms.

The weight of items isn't in kilograms. Their "weight" is more like the equivalent to size/volume with 40 being the max (I think), PZ has their own weight system that they use to balance the game. I agree it should be at least 10 so you can't carry a bunch of water coolers though.

Edited by orikamii

On 1/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, orikamii said:

The weight of items isn't in kilograms. Their "weight" is more like the equivalent to size/volume with 40 being the max (I think), PZ has their own weight system that they use to balance the game. I agree it should be at least 10 so you can't carry a bunch of water coolers though.

Only good way to transport water is inside of water coolers though. Like Otherwise you need so many cooking pots to fill up a van with water. And you get what 2 barrels of water out of it? If even that?

It would be epic if the water cooler itself weight was 5. But the bottles where a separate thing. Or we where able to transport water barrels?

Empty cooking pots and buckets carry what 10-15 units of water? 

This 5 unit in weight thing carry 250 units of water!  But it is the only good transportable water Wessel in the game. So is the cooking pots just plain bad or do everything else have to huge water units compared to it's size? Like :c  

It is like cooking pots are ONLY meant for making food. As it is filled half full with water to then be filled up with food items. (and to have space left to be fridge bale?) 

Same with cement buckets or paint buckets. They really is not much water in them compared to a water cooler. Or a barrel of water. Like having the option to transport huge amount of water around makes sense in a MP setting. Or just to avoid having to set up huge water making facilities around the map. 

The biggest drain of water for me is cleaning clothes and "yourself". This can be done with rainwater. And you got allot of that if your farming and need a supply of emergency water.

But like right now drinking water is easier to make then transport. So it never makes sense to bring water with you to a new part of the world. (you will find so much water that is drinkable even with water shut off for years) 

Or at a place you spend time in but not farming at. So you like to take water with you but it still make sense to just make it locally instead. Even if it would make more sense to have it with you.

Why I love the water coolers so much. They literally fit inside of a glove compartment XD And enough to last you a long wile for drinking purposeless. 

Oooo the silly Americans and there units of measurements. 

Edited by Turbo50