Narrnika

ThickSkinned and ThinSkinned is the same, while player in trees

It looks like damage chance is the same for "Thick/Thin Skinned" traits. It is also very different from the base chance.

zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter:

private void damageWhileInTrees() {
	//...
	if (Rand.NextBool(i)) {
		addHole(BloodBodyPartType.FromIndex(j));
		i = 5; // basic chance = 1/5 = 0.2 = 20%
		if (this.Traits.ThickSkinned.isSet())
			i += 10; // chance for ThickSkinned = 1/(5+10) = 0.0(6) = 6%
		if (this.Traits.ThinSkinned.isSet())
			i += 10; // chance for ThinSkinned = 1/(5+10) = 0.0(6) = 6%
		if (Rand.NextBool(i) && (int)getBodyPartClothingDefense(Integer.valueOf(j), false) < 100) {
			BodyPart bodyPart = getBodyDamage().getBodyParts().get(j);
			if (Rand.NextBool(i + 10)) {
				bodyPart.setCut(true, true);
			} else {
				bodyPart.setScratched(true, true);
			} 
		} 
	} 
}

1 hour ago, Masmassu said:

Can you explain that abit more, dont realy understand!

If I understood correctly, function `Rand.NextBool(i)` is equivalent to "chance 1 out i". At the beginning i = 5 is determined, that is, chance 1/5 (is 20%). Next, checked presence of traits `ThickSkinned` and `ThinSkinned` and for each of them, i increases by 10. This is equivalent to a chance of 1/(5+10) = 6%.

Thus, an ordinary character, making his way through the forest, has a fairly high chance of being injured. But for a character with the "thin skin" or "thick skin" trait, this chance is equally low.

54 minutes ago, Narrnika said:

If I understood correctly, function `Rand.NextBool(i)` is equivalent to "chance 1 out i". At the beginning i = 5 is determined, that is, chance 1/5 (is 20%). Next, checked presence of traits `ThickSkinned` and `ThinSkinned` and for each of them, i increases by 10. This is equivalent to a chance of 1/(5+10) = 6%.

Thus, an ordinary character, making his way through the forest, has a fairly high chance of being injured. But for a character with the "thin skin" or "thick skin" trait, this chance is equally low.

I don't know much about this language but I can see they have the same random value's when taken, I think this should be fixed.