Down Under

nasKo

koek.jpg

‘Allo peeps.

So! Quick run-down on where we’re at.

IWBUMS Public beta version 41.50 was released on Monday, and received a hotfix today.

This included new items, better silhouette visualisations for overflow zombies in large hordes, some balance changes, some QoL functions for mouse double-click in your inventory and… Spiffo’s Secret Special Sauce II which can be seen below.

We’ve got another minor hotfix cooking for tomorrow, but barring anything urgent or more required hot-fixes this will be the last update to IWBUMS for a little while.

Backstage the current internal MP branch is about to be merged into our mainline, meaning that all devs will be working on the version containing our MP work while we get everything in the sort of shape that we feel is ready for Community Megatests.

As such after this there won’t be any big patches until MP itself is ready for wider testing and a full IWBUMS beta release.

We’ve got various folks working on future content, art, mapping and optimizations beyond MP (and clearly they’ll be jumping over too) but for the next little while the focus will very much be on getting 41 multiplayer out of the door.

We currently have a big internal MP session scheduled every Wednesday evening for the foreseeable future, so we can be sure that you’ll always be getting the latest status on a Thursday, and last night’s went well but was more a bug catalogue session than play session.

(Hopefully next week we’ll be able to show something a representative of how the game is playing currently, and apologies for not being able to do so today)

Over the past week we’ve been syncing death states for zombies, reading, bandaging, drinking, eating, wearing and unequipping clothing. We’ve been fixing safety system issues, doing some work on PvP, fixing climate bugs in the admin panel and… all sorts of other ‘tying things together’ work while Yuri and Andrei continue to improve the overall online player and zombie experience.

It’s a very exciting time, but we recognise that it’s a frustrating one to be sat outside of. We will continue to do our utmost to keep you involved and informed every step of the way. Thanks all.

This week’s example of the death of the High Street from koekto1000. A changelist of all IWBUMS patches since the 41 beta was released can be found here. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send you update notifications once builds get released. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too!

5 hours ago, Ziggylata said:

Glad to see car cheese removed. Theyre still useful, the speed of those zombies got slowed dramatically but no more invincible car bases. 

I'm not so sure about that, I can't test it right now but if you build a wall behind this car, what happens? Do zombies will crawl and attack the wall while crawling or will they simply not crawl at all because their path is clearly blocked?

But still makes it more difficult to have a well protected base

1 minute ago, Axezombie said:

I'm not so sure about that, I can't test it right now but if you build a wall behind this car, what happens? Do zombies will crawl and attack the wall while crawling or will they simply not crawl at all because their path is clearly blocked?

But still makes it more difficult to have a well protected base

They attack the wall.

Hmm.... still, as much as I love the addition, part of me feels that Zombies just dropping down and crawling under the cars feels a bit.... un-zombie-like; climbing over them seems more feasible. But oh well, I guess it'll be just a matter of waiting until players can climb over cars, and maybe then the same thing will be added for Zeds.

They already shred sheet ropes though. And the thought of zeds climbing up there on their own seems silly. We are in Romero-land after all.

In my late game, I don't see many zombies around the base anymore. What I think would be better than just making life more difficult for first floor tenants would be to actually have more zombies gravitate over longer distances towards the player base. It's easy to go overboard with this. But just seeing a couple of zeds once in a while bothering my base would be an improvement.