Money required for vending machines

Luxiser

The title speaks for itself. I´m not sure, if money in PZ has a crafing recipie, or anything else, as far as I know there is nothing you can do with it. So why not give it a purpose? Collect money from cash registers, or maybe beeing able to open a wallet to take the cash out of it. And then using the money to pay at the vending machine for snacks and drinks. Maybe like 1 bag of chips 3 Dollars, or 1 can of soda 3 Dollars. But I think, if they add such thing they should also put the option to brake the window of a vending machine, which of course make a glass braking sound, and before grabing the loot out of it, removing the broken glass. Oh yeah! Buying a snack should make a sound, maybe the chip bag falling on the bottom of the vending machine, or when the machine grabs a drink, you should be able to hear the engine how it grabs and drops. (I apologize for my bad english)

Vending machines accepting money would only work while there is electricity so generally for a small amount of time and likely before enough money items are found in game to make it worthwhile. I guess you could also wire one up to a battery, but the amount of work to do that doesn't seem worth the pay off in any situation.

Definitely think it should require breaking the vending machine to get food items thus generating noise and increasing the players risk of zombie detection.

Edited by Axiomatic

• 2 weeks later...

I really do like this idea, for the sake of immersion and adding a challenge. It creates a little bit of a key-hunt, but that's not terrible when it's just a side-action.

Add, definitely, a crowbar should allow you to break into the machine with some effort-- and some of them (I think this was even true in 1993) have an alarm.

Shud be able to use on the arcade machens so you can play the games and get some happiness to. And then on Jukeboxes to play music (maybe be able to link youre mp3 colection or Spotyfire to get a musik you like and save copyrights). And that will open up to be able to use other toyes and minigames (spec in MP) for fun. And a good way to spend time when you have to  relax....