better view

Zombo82

seems its ok to hava trees blocking your sight (and prolly the cars too) but sometimes its just annoying.

I added a picture where I stand towards a car thats not visible (the lower picture), maybe because of the tree. If I turn arround and look away from it its visible.

I am not even sure whether thats a bug or a result of the state of the game but that makes not really sense to me.

it also bothers me that all trees seem to be just some kind of bushes. thier size compared to the player or houses is just wierd.

https://imgur.com/a/FnqF16v

maybe the angle of sight could get changed.

if you stand infront of a tree it dosn't block that much. it summs up the more trees are behind it and so on, sure.

but still, there should be a difference between a bush and a tree trunk.

if you cant see a thing that stands just a few meters away just because of a "tree" thats totaly out of scale is a bit unsatisfying.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree and this, in addition to sound, are the only two things that feel "fundamentally broken".

Line of sight makes a ton of sense, as does having things be invisible to you because they are occluded, but there is no object persistence, as you point out, like a car that was right there a second ago has disappeared. Or, worse, a zombie I'm sneaking up on suddenly becomes invisible because (I think), I passed near a tree.

It's also visually unclear what I'm seeing sometimes when combined with lighting-- I use Cat Eyes a lot, so I can almost always see in the dark, but I often can't tell whether what I'm seeing is because a light is on, because of Cat Eyes, or because of light from outside. You also can't (immediately) tell if a tile is dark because it's invisible or because it's just dark.

It's clear that the engine can do different colored lighting, so I think that could be handled a bit better-- use, perhaps, a greyish-fog for things you can't see, render objects that are just out of view (like zombies, or cars) as darkened versions, use a slightly greenish color for Cat Eye, and so on.

I'm sure they're working on this, but I just wanted to agree and add some points!

Added variety to urban vegetation would be a really nice touch, I think. Especially in parks and other "green spaces" where larger trees and unkempt bushes could be found, I feel it'd give an area a lot more of a unique and lively feeling. Not to mention, paired with the Erosion mechanic, you could make it so neglected vegetation—beyond just the grass and vines—grows and becomes more dense and harder to get rid of, kind of like tree saplings.